• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I wonder how many times we move a grain of sand in a bunker and no one knows. To lose an Open championship that way is a killer.

Yeah, and it's not like you can feel that you're moving a couple grains of sand. But it was the right call. The only problem I have with it is they should have been told at the same time for the same shot, especially on a water hole - it definitely changed the way Bethany played the hole. She really should do a legal name change now.

Yeah, and it's not like you can feel that you're moving a couple grains of sand. But it was the right call. The only problem I have with it is they should have been told at the same time for the same shot, especially on a water hole - it definitely changed the way Bethany played the hole. She really should do a legal name change now.

Nordquist would have gone for that green in 2 had she known.

Well, the USGA managed to mangle another rules situation (right ruling, wrong timing).

And then to top it off, the USGA president (who was drunk as hell at Oakmont) managed to refer to the winner as "Bethany" Lang multiple times.

What's the story on that?

What's the story on that?

If you listened to the trophy ceremony at Oakmont, she sounded either incredibly nervous and/or drunk (based on her not even remembering Lang's first name during the Women's Open ceremony, maybe she just gets both to deal with those moments).

If you listened to the trophy ceremony at Oakmont, she sounded either incredibly nervous and/or drunk (based on her not even remembering Lang's first name during the Women's Open ceremony, maybe she just gets both to deal with those moments).

My understanding is that she wasn't drunk at Oakmont--that's just how she talks. Now as far as getting the winner's name wrong four times at Cordeville--that is another issue.

My understanding is that she wasn't drunk at Oakmont--that's just how she talks. Now as far as getting the winner's name wrong four times at Cordeville--that is another issue.

Saw speculation that she was dealing with a second or so delay on the PA system at Oakmont.

Saw speculation that she was dealing with a second or so delay on the PA system at Oakmont.

Bullshit. She was hammered and that's the spin put out by the USGA because on top of all the stuff they messed up at Oakmont, admitting she was plastered wouldn't do any good.

Look no further than Fox and the USGA removing every possible copy of that video from YouTube to see they are trying to cover it up.

She's a very successful businesswoman and President of the USGA. I have a hard time believing the USGA would elect someone to that position with the baggage of being an alcoholic. Who knows though, she's been awful at every opportunity.

Bullshit. She was hammered and that's the spin put out by the USGA because on top of all the stuff they messed up at Oakmont, admitting she was plastered wouldn't do any good.

Look no further than Fox and the USGA removing every possible copy of that video from YouTube to see they are trying to cover it up.

I know you know everything that is golf, but my source doesn't come from the USGA, has no dog in this fight and has been around her enough to know.

If you look drunk and act drunk, it doesn't really matter whether or not you're actually drunk.

She's a very successful businesswoman and President of the USGA. I have a hard time believing the USGA would elect someone to that position with the baggage of being an alcoholic. Who knows though, she's been awful at every opportunity.

I know you know everything that is golf, but my source doesn't come from the USGA, has no dog in this fight and has been around her enough to know.

Fair points.

Maybe she got caught not tipping her caddy or something on Wednesday and the USGA called her on it right before the broadcast on Sunday. They like to delay rulings and such? Just a rumor I heard--just saying.:thumbsup:

Rory came across like a real asshole when asked about dropping out of the olympics. He went as far to say he doesn't care about growing the game, and that he wasn't even going to watch the golf in Rio.

He also highly insinuated that nobody is playing in Rio because they are all using HGH. I use to like Rory, but that was some classic euro douche press conference right there.

Rory came across like a real asshole when asked about dropping out of the olympics. He went as far to say he doesn't care about growing the game, and that he wasn't even going to watch the golf in Rio.

He also highly insinuated that nobody is playing in Rio because they are all using HGH. I use to like Rory, but that was some classic euro douche press conference right there.

I saw that too. I think he's developed a big chip on his shoulder over the last year after being overtaken by Spieth, Day and Johnson at least for a short period of time.

I mean the HGH thing certainly wouldn't surprise me. We'll see what the excuses are when no one goes to the next Olympics either.

Back