• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Sucks for the guy (I mean, kinda... He still won $200,000 for playing golf), but whining about bunkers not being perfect is one of my biggest tour pro pet peeves. God forbid a bunker has a little less sand than usual, has a narrow/steep side that limits options, has heavy sand, etc... You're not supposed to dump your approach into that bunker and make an auto-birdie. Most amateurs play in bunker 10 times worse than that every round.

There's a legit chance a bunch of ams would play that bunker shot to the fat part of the green, or even putt it out. That bunker looked just like one of the ones at my home course, and I carry a wedge with only 4 degrees of bounce just to play out of them!

I realize anyone can say this in hindsight, but when he made that short, quick little backswing, an "Uh Oh" thought ran through my head right as he started down. I was rooting for him to make birdie - more golf. Happy for Vegas, though.

I realize anyone can say this in hindsight, but when he made that short, quick little backswing, an "Uh Oh" thought ran through my head right as he started down. I was rooting for him to make birdie - more golf. Happy for Vegas, though.

I think I said "yikes" before his club even hit the sand.

So is #1 a par-5 now? Or is the course a par-71? I couldn't really figure that out based on the article. Should be a much tougher start, though.

Conversation with my dad will be fun this week talking about these changes "bahhh they're fucking the course all up" Having gone to the Wells Fargo most years I think these changes will make it tougher to get around as a spectator on the front nine. Also hate losing the par-5 fifth as that was one of our spots to chill at the green and see dudes go for eagle

So I sit down to breakfast and turn it to TGC, and they're playing the women's British on a parkland course. WTF?

Conversation with my dad will be fun this week talking about these changes "bahhh they're fucking the course all up" Having gone to the Wells Fargo most years I think these changes will make it tougher to get around as a spectator on the front nine. Also hate losing the par-5 fifth as that was one of our spots to chill at the green and see dudes go for eagle

Yeah, I loved #5 too.
Unbelievable that Rory's Sunday 62 to win at Quail for his 1st Tour win wasn't his best round there.

I see Rory McIlroy is in Brooklyn tonight watching boxing.

I guess there are some benefits to missing the cut.

Webb with a 66 puts him in good portion for the final round. Only 2 behind the leaders at present.
A shame he couldn't birdie the 18th

Nice to see Jutanagarn win the women's British. She's had a great year and may be becoming the best in the world. She and Henderson don't quite have Lexi's length, but they're both plenty long and better with short irons and putting than Lexi is.

Day's reaction 50 yards from the green on 18 was great.

And so was his 2 iron from 250+. Great eagle. Also nice to see Day, Spieth and Fowler there to congratulate Jimmy after the round. That's 1 of the things I really like about this new generation of great players. They're great competitors who get along well and are happy for each other when 1 of the other guys wins. More than a little different from the last couple of generations.

It's also great to see 4 1st time major winners who have been deserving for a while. And it's not like 2003 when Weir, Furyk, Curtis and Micheel were 1st time winners with Furyk being the only 1 who was a legit top player. There are so many great players now that it's really hard for no names to come out of the woodwork, whereas 10-15 years ago that used to happen frequently.

Back