• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

And it was just so fun to watch.

Yeah, it was kind of like the enjoyment of watching a 20 car pile up at Daytona without the guilt of worrying somebody might get hurt.

I can't decide if the best part is him standing in the water barefoot with his pants rolled up or his reaction to making that clutch putt for a 7 and a blown major? ( yeah I now he went to a playoff, but he had no chance after that massive choke job)

Last edited:
Nike out of equipment side of golf. It will be interesting to see where Tiger and Rory go

If endorsement $$$ was equal, I would bet most would play Mizuno, Titleist, or PXG irons. But it isn't, of course. . .

If endorsement $$$ was equal, I would bet most would play Mizuno, Titleist, or PXG irons. But it isn't, of course. . .

The pros may have a certain company on their bag and use that company's headcovers, but they're not always playing that company's equipment throughout the bag or even that company's latest and greatest. Stenson's much talked about 3 wood is an older callaway model head with a Graffaloy Blue shaft that has been around for a long time.

I could see Tiger going the Hogan route and starting his own line of clubs.

I could see Tiger going the Hogan route and starting his own line of clubs.

That would be interesting, Palmer and Nicklaus I guess had some limited success for awhile with their lines, but couldn't sustain it. Callaway ended up buying Palmer's line I think, but I think Nicklaus just got out of it.

PXGs are awesome. If I ever have 6k to burn, definitely getting fitted

Tiger is an equipment nut. That'll probably be a good tell for his comeback. I think low ego Tiger would go PXG. They're a tweaker's dream and fantastic clubs. Big Ego Tiger would open up the bidding and end up at Taylormade since they'd likely pay the most. Or maybe Callaway if they're desperate since they've fallen apart and are just starting to climb back to relevance.

front.jpg

Awesome! This guy could be the next John Daly if he decides to play on this side of the ocean full time.

Yeah, it was kind of like the enjoyment of watching a 20 car pile up at Daytona without the guilt of worrying somebody might get hurt.

I can't decide if the best part is him standing in the water barefoot with his pants rolled up or his reaction to making that clutch putt for a 7 and a blown major? ( yeah I now he went to a playoff, but he had no chance after that massive choke job)

Wow, I forgot that Craig Parry holed his bunker shot right before Van de Velde got up-and-down from there.

How do they compare to the higher end Taylor's, Callaway's, Pings, Mizuno, etc.?

Do they really have a sweet spot the size of Texas?:thumbsup:

I almost got a set of Callaway Apex Tours, distances werent much different. But the feel of the hit was way better with PXG, and the misses were much better. The Apex were really long, but felt more like a flier lie strike that would be difficult to control.

Back