• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Love my AP2 714's more than any iron I've ever owned. C-tapers are a perfect fit I them for me. PXG's are the only thing I've hit that gave me pause.

The c-tapers were 2nd in line when I did my testing.

Those 714 irons just feel so rock solid through the ball.

This Connecticut course is 1 of my least favorite on tour. Why didn't the LPGA put the British Open this week when it would be up against a crap tourney instead of the PGA. They would still have had a week off before they played and got harassed by gators in Rio.

I've played that TPC course a few times and it certainly isn't anything special. 15-17 are decent TV holes, and the rest is pretty blah.

Yeah, of the 2 courses this week, Paul Lawrie's tourney is definitely on the more interesting layout. Caught some of it this a.m. while eating breakfast and working out.

PGA Tour 2016 Thread

Furyk is -12 on today's round through 16 holes. Two pars get him the first 58 in Tour history.

Made seven straight birdies from the 6th hole through the 12th.

Great, now Furyk is gonna make the Ryder Cup team.

Two putts left for 58. Will be the first Tour player to go under 60 twice (the other being the 2013 BMW).

He did it. 58. Sick.

Was watching a bit of it on PGA Tour live. Could/should have been a 56 or 55. He missed a 10 footer on 14 and had a 6 footer horseshoe on him at 15. Just insane.

Good enough to always make the team, ensuring we will suck again. Even if he didn't make it he would be a captain's pick because we are that stupid.

Amazing.
How about the 40-somethings recently.
First the Stenson-Michelson shootout, now Furyk with a 58.

Guy is not even top 20 in the standings, has sucked in the Ryder Cup, and has completely choked in several majors in recent years. If he's on the team, I'm rooting for Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His all-time RC record is 10-20-4. His 58 was epic but was for one day at a mid-tier PGA event to earn a whopping T5. If Jimmy can get hot over the next few weeks and earn his way in so be it, but under no circumstance should stiff-butt DL3 feel compelled to pick him.

His all-time RC record is 10-20-4. His 58 was epic but was for one day at a mid-tier PGA event to earn a whopping T5. If Jimmy can get hot over the next few weeks and earn his way in so be it, but under no circumstance should stiff-butt DL3 feel compelled to pick him.

DL3 all but telegraphed that he's considering him with his comments about considering time off due to injury. I don't think he was talking about Koepka only missing a few weeks when he said that.

There's a kid on the Web.com Tour who's a member at my club named J.T. Poston that finished T2 this weekend--lost in a playoff to one of the Bryan brothers. He was already in position to get his Tour card based on his position on the money list, and there are only three events left, so he pretty much clinched it today. Pretty cool.

Yesterday didn't only help Furyk's chances. Knox as well. I'd much rather have Knox on my team than Furyk. Jim has been worse than Tiger, Phil and Stricker.

If we keep picking captains with the same old same old, buddy system mentality, we'll continue to get our asses kicked. Their should be more captains' picks and better captains using them.

Back