• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

The reason I singled out DJ is he a) isn't suing the tour, and b) has lifetime status.

The thought of watching Reed, Brooks and Bryson start from scratch would be highly entertaining.

The reason I singled out DJ is he a) isn't suing the tour, and b) has lifetime status.

The thought of watching Reed, Brooks and Bryson start from scratch would be highly entertaining.
After watching Full Swing Brooks would have a full on nervous breakdown trying to grind his way back up on the KF.

Rahm is human. Shot 76 today. Finished: bogey-double (on a Par 5)-birdie-bogey-bogey.

Yeah that was a rough ending. Played him yesterday in DFS showdown and faded him today for a McIlroy/Homa stack (which is doing better). Fortunately I had Padraig and Mitchell as my bottom two guys who are carrying our squad.

Nice to see Kitayama win here over all those big names. He's been on the DP leaderboards a lot and has won a few over the last several years. I kinda like when Americans go the Euro route over the Korn Ferry route. Seems like a nice guy and can really get it out there for a smaller dude.

As long as we're "fixing" the PGA Tour, can we finally get rid of the whole "CEO gets to talk for 5 minutes" nonsense on Sundays during the back 9? Is there any other sport that does something this dumb? I'd love to see the NFL come back from the commercial break at the 2-minute warning and be like, ok before the teams take the field let's hear from our primary sponsor Best Buy to talk about their new "flat screens for troubled teens" program, please focus your attention on the 50 yard line where Charles McWhiteguy will walk you through the details... Somebody would run out on the field and tackle him.

As long as we're "fixing" the PGA Tour, can we finally get rid of the whole "CEO gets to talk for 5 minutes" nonsense on Sundays during the back 9? Is there any other sport that does something this dumb? I'd love to see the NFL come back from the commercial break at the 2-minute warning and be like, ok before the teams take the field let's hear from our primary sponsor Best Buy to talk about their new "flat screens for troubled teens" program, please focus your attention on the 50 yard line where Charles McWhiteguy will walk you through the details... Somebody would run out on the field and tackle him.
Amen.

Trouble is that is 1 of the prices for admission. Corporations want their 5 minutes for all the $$ their paying. That ain't going away.

Speaking of interviews, CBS seemed awfully proud of their earbud interviews like they were on the cutting edge or something. The DP has been doing daily on course interviews for several years. During covid, they were doing them on 6-8' boom mikes so they could stay several feet apart.

Relatively small price to pay for the millions that goes to local charities.

Yeah and I think given the LIV situation and their overall shittiness this would be a bad time to de-emphasize the corporate sponsorships/charities with PGA Tour events. It's one of the things that sets the Tour apart from those shameless assholes.

64e5724e994c4be3a1a38e20241dede3.jpg

Relatively small price to pay for the millions that goes to local charities.
Meh. Plenty of sports give money to charity without interrupting the actual sporting event at its most critical time. And it's not like it actually builds awareness or increases/improves anything - it's simply an ego-stroking moment for CEO's so they can be on tv and nobody wants to watch them. Some absurd number of viewers immediately change the channel or skip over it, there are a million better ways to support charity initiatives. The goal right now is to make PGA Tour event coverage as engaging as possible, show more shots from the best players, get better access to those players and their caddies, etc. This kind of junk exists from a non-competitive era of the sport, and conveys a message that golf is so boring we might as well let some nobody brag about their company in the middle of play. Not to mention before that, after that, and thanks to "playing through" also during actual play that same company advertises like crazy.

No commercials, no sponsors and you won't have to worry about watching sponsors in the booth because there won't be any to watch.

Right, because every other sport cuts into their coverage during live play to let a CEO talk about how wonderful their company is.

Oh wait, none do. And somehow they exist. I honestly can't believe people are in favor of this. Guess we should make every tourney a Pro-Am so CEO's can play during the tournament as well.

Back