• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Discussion Thread

If we didn't win at least one of four, that would dampen some of the positive vibe DM has created. I think it would be pretty shocking for BC to win 3 of 4 but stranger things have happened. Of course BC has had the disadvantage of only playing one game so far against the other three at the bottom of the conference.

Louvul ain't goin' nowhere in the postseason. They'll be a weak 4 or 5 seed and won't make it past the 1st weekend.

As for the court storming, I'm sorry, but KU isn't good enough and K State isn't bad enough to have merited that court storming. Stormings have been devalued in recent years.

Louvul ain't goin' nowhere in the postseason. They'll be a weak 4 or 5 seed and won't make it past the 1st weekend.

As for the court storming, I'm sorry, but KU isn't good enough and K State isn't bad enough to have merited that court storming. Stormings have been devalued in recent years.

I agree that KU isn't as good as usual, but they will probably still win the Big 12. K State blows. I'm not into court-stormings, but considering they've only won 4 of the last 53, I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Last edited:
Sad about Guthridge. He is a good guy and a remarkably loyal friend to Smith.

BTW, Roy was not in a great mood after crushing GT. He chastised fans for not being like the Dookies.

I laughed when I read Ol Roy's comments. What a caroWHINa twat.

The holes sold their sole to the argyle & khaki wearing, arms crossed, whine & cheese Ram's Club douchebags when they accepted their money to build the Nose Dome. There was very little tax money used to build that thing- which is too big IMO- because they agreed to give prime real estate lifetime seat rights to Snobby Snoberton IV and family if they would finance the dome. So, the drunken loud students are not in the best location for noise making and the Thurston Howells are all along the court and behind the bench. Boo Effin Hoo. They don't cheer, but they do scream obscenities at Roy when he does something stupid or loses because they don't want to have to go to work the next day and hear about it from their Wake or dook alum bosses.

You get what you wish for, tar holes. Stop trying to be a pretentious "public ivy" and sell some tix to the millions of rednecks that make up the fan base. Dump a box of tix over a trailer park in Alamance County. Those people will cheer, by God. Give free tix to the posters with the highest post count on IC. If they can make bail, they'll come to the game and scream.

And what right does Huckleberry Hound have to complain? he certainly knows that his 1.8 mill salary is not entirely funded by the state of NC. Those whine and cheese tennis clappers are footing that bill.

F Roy Williams.

I agree that KU isn't as good as usual, but they will probably still win the Big 12. K State blows. I'm not into court-stormings, but considering they've only won 4 of the last 53, I'm willing to cut them some slack.

K State is like a .500 team (certainly not good but not awful), and KU is a likely 3 seed in the Dance. That's not a monumental win. There have been too many court rushes in recent years for less than monumental upsets for my liking. But to each his own.

K Vegas, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back next time.

The in-state rivalry doesn't play into the court-storm ruling at all?

K-State fans might be the most little brothery of all little brother "State" schools ... it DEFINITELY plays a part in it. The rural v. city split in Kansas is really strong (i.e - Kansas City metro v. everyone else).

The in-state rivalry doesn't play into the court-storm ruling at all?

To me, no. K State is about what we are this year. Would our kids court storm after beating UNC? I dunno, maybe, but I wouldn't advocate for it.

To me, no. K State is about what we are this year. Would our kids court storm after beating UNC? I dunno, maybe, but I wouldn't advocate for it.

I feel quite certain we would, and I would have no problem with it.

It's a game.

I feel quite certain we would, and I would have no problem with it.

It's a game.

I'm an old. To me, you save it for the rare occasion you beat 1 of the top 2-3 teams in the country when you're mediocre/below average. Or if you beat a real juggernaut like this year's UK team at any time. Not when you beat the #10 team.

I'm an old. To me, you save it for the rare occasion you beat 1 of the top 2-3 teams in the country when you're mediocre/below average. Or if you beat a real juggernaut like this year's UK team at any time. Not when you beat the #10 team.

Generally, agree, but it's different when you are playing a long hated in-state rival that has won your conference 10 years in a row, and you have lost to them 7 of the last 8 times.

I mean, we stormed the court against #18 NC State. That was a bit "eh." That was the Bz era, however.

Just curious, has the Quad been rolled for any basketball game this year? I remember there were some really lame ones last year, like a road win against Va Tech. But once again, that was the Bz era, however.

I remember the Quad being rolled for basically any win at the tail end of the Dino era. I didn't think we really ever had qualifiers on that.

Back