• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

january 21 is gonna be our Super bowl. Oh and state's btw. I can't wait. It will probably go to 3OT

Gott's a dead man walking. Looks Xan'd the hell out on the sidelines and the team looks nearly as listless

Yep, all that team is is watching Smith shoot. As Got said in the postgame, they missed 41 shots and game up layups and dunks. They need to put some people into the bleachers [not that he is promoting rough play mind you, he just needs his team to get tougher!] It is all on him!!!

Yep, all that team is is watching Smith shoot. As Got said in the postgame, they missed 41 shots and game up layups and dunks. They need to put some people into the bleachers [not that he is promoting rough play mind you, he just needs his team to get tougher!] It is all on him!!!

The thing is, Smith half the time gets into the lane and everyone on his own team is just standing still doing absolutely nothing. You can almost see his thought process "find the open shooter ... aw fuck it, I'll have to do it myself". The offense that State runs is the most static garbage I've seen in the ACC in ages.

Off of State btw - let's talk about my boy Josh Okogie. He sure as hell looks a lot better than the 35th best SG in the country or wherever he was ranked coming out of HS. Big body, gets to the rim, defends and hasn't backed down at all in big games. He's got a whiff of Malcom Brogdon about him.

After they got finished talking NFL yesterday down this way, speculation turned to Brownell at Clemson and Gottfried at State as being on the hot seat. Both could be canned unless a massive reversal (both 1-4 in ACC) occurs. I am positive State goes with Archie Miller if Gott can't save his job. Not sure Clemson even cares who their basketball coach is or will be in the future.

After they got finished talking NFL yesterday down this way, speculation turned to Brownell at Clemson and Gottfried at State as being on the hot seat. Both could be canned unless a massive reversal (both 1-4 in ACC) occurs. I am positive State goes with Archie Miller if Gott can't save his job. Not sure Clemson even cares who their basketball coach is or will be in the future.

Brownell signed a 6 year extension a couple of seasons ago. If he gets canned after this season Clemson owes him $3.5 million. Next season his buyout drops to $3 million.

Misery loves company :(

Clemson will not fire Brownell after the season. IPTAY has already allocated the Brownell buy-out money for gold and diamond encrusted putters for the new Clemson football center's mini-golf course.

Brownell keeps a low-profile, doesn't embarrass the school, usually beats S. Carolina, and will occasionally beat Duke or UNC at home. Mission accomplished. Basketball expectations in Tiger Town are low.

I wonder if Archie Miller would take the job while Yow is the AD. They might have to send her to her retirement first.

I'd love it for State to move heaven and earth to get Archie and still suck. Screw him.

dennis smith jr was asked "best point guard in nba- westbrook or curry". he answers cp3.

Barnburner in Columbia: 13-13 at the under 8 timeout. Was apparently 4-3 at the under 12.

Back