• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

It's really amazing how Josh fucking Pastner has a ACC road win and a win against UNC in his first 5 ACC games while Danny Manning hasn't accomplished either of these things in 2+ seasons.
GT's roster is way worse than ours has been at any time since Manning arrived, too.

Compare Manning's resume with those of Buzz, Pastner, and Christian. It's really no comparison.

Gott's a dead man walking. Looks Xan'd the hell out on the sidelines and the team looks nearly as listless

Compare Manning's resume with those of Buzz, Pastner, and Christian. It's really no comparison.

so true. Manning is the worst coach in the league. He is what he is at this point. I'm not sure anyone can convince me differently. I'd love to see someone try.

so true. Manning is the worst coach in the league. He is what he is at this point. I'm not sure anyone can convince me differently. I'd love to see someone try.

There are 2-3 threads chock full of people trying, and trying hard. If such tortured attempts at persuasion float your boat, go crazy.

josh pastner is a good coach

His career win totals are inflated by Memphis playing in a bad basketball conference (C-USA) his first four years of coaching. He just out talented everyone in conference since he had the #2 recruiting class in 2010. He beat zero ranked teams his first four years at Memphis.

Once Memphis moved to a far more legitimate conference it exposed him and showed how he was at best a below average in game coach. GT made a terrible hire yet he still has out performed Manning. It's really incredible.

so he's not a good coach even though he dominated a bad conference while getting a number 2 ranked recruiting class? got it.

so he's not a good coach even though he dominated a bad conference while getting a number 2 ranked recruiting class?

Yes?

What pray tell did he actually accomplish with that #2 recruiting class?

And he was hardly dominating his conference at the end once the shine (slime?) Calipari had applied to the program wore off (and he wasn't competing against UTEP, UAB, other initials, et al.)

Northwestern moves to 15-4 (4-2) after a 35 point win over Iowa. I think this is the year they go dancing.

I could've picked up a win in Raleighwood tonight with the state of State at the moment

Back