• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Wow, Kansas.

Or maybe - Wow, West Virginia...

A bunch of posters here would be calling for Huggy's head after this loss.

Nice ESPN, interviewing a Kansas player during post game, asks him if he's ever won 100 games in a row.

VT's top rebounder Clarke out for the season

Yeah, in retrospect, that win over UVA may have been Pyrrhic. Clarke is 1 of their best players, they only play a 7-8 man rotation, and their frontcourt is already small and shallow. That's a crushing loss for an up and coming team and 1 of my favorite schools. Bummer.

KP had Kansas with a 0.1% chance of winning last night with just under 3 mins left.

Why are there so many non-conference women's basketball games late in the season? Trying to be relevant?

Sounds like a good theory, but I have zero idea.

Who are the unicorns that follow and enjoy women's basketball? There must be enough to justify keeping their scores appearing on the ESPN bottom line.

As for the 100 straight wins - that's a great accomplishment, but I find it humorous when it's mentioned in some circles as the longest winning streak in college basketball history. Sure, and I scored the most goals in NCAA soccer history (on my intramural C-league team).

It is the longest streak in college basketball history.

Do you have a list written down so you can keep track?

Frankly, I prefer Tech to UVA. More egalitarian. Went to Wake then William & Mary for grad school and have lived in VA ever since, so I tend to root for all the VA schools except when they play Wake. So was happy for and watched some of the JMU championship game this year. Add to that VA is 1 of the better states in the country in terms of having a number of solid state colleges. Don't most folks root for their alma mater and then 1 or more of their state schools?

Pitt misses like 5 straight pretty open 3s to finish their game against VT. The same VT team that benefited from a very good FT shooter missing the front end of a crucial 1-and-1 and a jump ball on a UVA layup Sunday night.

Some teams have the luck. Others don't

Pitt misses like 5 straight pretty open 3s to finish their game against VT. The same VT team that benefited from a very good FT shooter missing the front end of a crucial 1-and-1 and a jump ball on a UVA layup Sunday night.

Some teams have the luck. Others don't

Sometimes you gotta make your own luck.

Back