• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Sure. But the point still remains

In close games, a bounce 1 way or another can decide it, and that was 1 of those close games where it came down to such a bounce. That 1st 3 was long and contested, but those last 2 were indeed excellent looks, and neither went. So yes, Tech was a bit lucky the game didn't end up in OT. OTOH, Tech was down double digits on the road in the 2nd half, is undermanned and undersized w/o Clarke and showed considerable moxie making that comeback to put themselves in a position to win - whichever way the game finally tilted. You put yourself in that position enough times, and you'll win your share of such games. And that comeback in the last 10:00 regardless of the result was a sharp contrast on both ends of the court as to how we've played in the last 10:00 of the close games we've been in. And that's the sad truth.

Ron Swanson on luck: I would wish you the best of luck, but I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures.

UVA's offense is tough to watch at times.

Allen tweaked his ankle at the end of the 1st half. FWIW.

Still feel as if we could beat Duke on Saturday. But knowing our luck (or lack of defense) they will go insane from 3 this weekend and blow us the hell out.

Can we play this version of UVA where Perrantes can't hit anything even when he's wide open?

Tatum drilling off-balance 3's is pretty tough to beat anyway.

Tatum is knocking down 3's tonight. I think he has 26 of dooks 54 points.

It's been 20 years since we've won in Durham. Just think about it, John Collins was not even born the last time we won there.

Last edited:
Allen and Kenard 5-20. We all know who is going to have a big day against us.

Really interested to see what UVA looks like next year without Perrantes. Their offense is pretty brutal with him. Without him...

Seton Hall got a big win against Creighton. We're going to have to win 3 of 4 or win 2-3 games in the ACC tournament.

First time Wake is facing an opponent off a win since January 21 (@ State). Ends a run of 7 straight opponents coming off a loss

Three's no such thing as a hot hand.

Tatum set a career high. UVA's D must suck.

Really interested to see what UVA looks like next year without Perrantes. Their offense is pretty brutal with him. Without him...

It's weird that they are rated as 16th (prior to loss) most efficient offense as they don't pass that eye test.

First time Wake is facing an opponent off a win since January 21 (@ State). Ends a run of 7 straight opponents coming off a loss

Is that weird? I don't even know if that's weird.

Would love to have UVA's defense; but, I'll take our offense.

Manning has chosen to emphasize shooting over defense with his first few recruiting classes. He aimed for shooters, and planned to teach them defense. At least he managed to do a pretty good job in getting shooters. The defense hasn't been where it needs to be to really compete in the top 25.

Next comes getting guys who can shoot and play defense, or at least look like they can. That is part of what separates some of the elite talent from just talent.

Allen and Kenard 5-20. We all know who is going to have a big day against us.

Would be good for Wake if they would do something like that against Wake. However, that probably means somebody else for Duke goes off for 30 and is 5/6 from three or something.

Would be good for Wake if they would do something like that against Wake. However, that probably means somebody else for Duke goes off for 30 and is 5/6 from three or something.

Like Tatum did tonight against UVA????

Back