• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Will be interesting to see who the U goes after once they can Golden. Chad Morris?

I am almost positive Chad will wait to see what happens at Texas before doing anything. After waiting so long to get a job in Texas (SMU), I can't see him jumping out of state again unless a bigger job than Miami were to open.

I am almost positive Chad will wait to see what happens at Texas before doing anything. After waiting so long to get a job in Texas (SMU), I can't see him jumping out of state again unless a bigger job than Miami were to open.

SMU lost to James Madison, how high is Morris's stock right now?

He's shown what he can do with top talent. Doubt it'll matter what he does in a season or two at lowly SMU. Trying to think of other candidates besides Morris. Tom Herman (another dude who may hold out to see what happens at Texas)?

Last edited:
Tom Herman's name is being thrown around a lot on sports talk radio in Columbia about possibly taking over for Spurrier if he retires after this year.

Justin Fuente is another hot name. I don't think Spurrier hangs it up quite yet but if he does I don't see them getting Dantonio or Herman. Maybe Smart who I wouldn't be that excited about if I was them.

Tom Herman's name is being thrown around a lot on sports talk radio in Columbia about possibly taking over for Spurrier if he retires after this year.

Herman would be well advised to hold out for Texas.

Miami would be well advised to get Fuente. What he has done at Memphis has been incredible.

Justin Fuente is another hot name. I don't think Spurrier hangs it up quite yet but if he does I don't see them getting Dantonio or Herman. Maybe Smart who I wouldn't be that excited about if I was them.

South Carolina won't take a coach who has no head coaching experience. Dantonio (an SC alum) is to old and has too good a gig at Mich St. They are paying Spurrier in excess of $4 million so they can afford to shoot high. Maybe Philly cans Kelly and they get him like they got Spurrier when he could not cut it with Skins.

I had heard the Spurrier was on the verge of calling it quits after last season. This season will likely only push him closer to taking that step. He is 70; he is losing recruiting battles to Clemson, UGA and others that he won 5 years ago. Spurrier has built enough goodwill to not be pushed out (particularly given SC awful football history; in the 123 year history of SC football, they had won only 3 bowl games when Spurrier took the job in 2005; they have won 5 since he took over, including the last 4 in a row), but I think he leaves after the season. He is a smart guy, and he understands the hill he has to climb, and don't think he has the motivation to do it.

He is worn out but his ego isn't. I think he stays another year. I don't see any way in hell Chip Kelly would agree to coach at South Carolina. Better programs will make room if he is available.

Herman would be well advised to hold out for Texas.

Miami would be well advised to get Fuente. What he has done at Memphis has been incredible.

Fuente's Oklahoma and Texas background makes him a good fit for Texas, especially if they give Strong another year. I think Miami would want somebody with a Florida background, although recruiting doesn't seem to be their biggest issue.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if Texas and other big jobs hire new coaches before Clawson has a breakout season.

Fuente's Oklahoma and Texas background makes him a good fit for Texas, especially if they give Strong another year. I think Miami would want somebody with a Florida background, although recruiting doesn't seem to be their biggest issue.

Wouldn't be a bad thing if Texas and other big jobs hire new coaches before Clawson has a breakout season.

Agree that Fuente would also make sense at Texas, but I think he will be off the market if they keep Strong another year (and I think they will). He is on track for back to back 10+ win seasons, which is incredible for Memphis (the only other 10 win season they have had was in 1938).

Fair point on the Florida background though.

Mario Cristobal will get the Miami job imo

Back