• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Mario Cristobal will get the Miami job imo

He didn't end his time down the road at FIU on a high note although his firing seemed rash. Their alums will think they can do better as well.

He didn't end his time down the road at FIU on a high note although his firing seemed rash. Their alums will think they can do better as well.

They might think that, but the attractiveness of the Miami job has fallen a lot the last decade.

No doubt. But any ACC program should be able to get a head coach with a solid to strong track record.

I do remember when Maryland fans tried to say edsall was worse than [Redacted]

After getting blanked at home by Harbaugh, dead man walking Edsall takes his bad MD team to Columbus to play an Urban Meyer team that is past due to get the offense rolling.

I think I'll take the Over.

A little surprised that MD would make the move in the middle of the season. What's the point of paying him not to coach?

Edsall is a complete zero dealing with media, and can't believe he is very strong at generating confidence in his meetings with big donors. At the time he was hired, it was very predictable that he would be mediocre at MD, which made the decision to fire Freidgen who at least had some success. Will be interesting to see how this job is perceived among the top candidates as MD is in the far tougher division of the Big 10 (Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State, who will be strong again at some point). Then again, the founder of Under Armor went to and played football at MD, maybe Kevin Plank will give MD a blank check to try to build a solid program.

Last edited:
After getting blanked at home by Harbaugh, dead man walking Edsall takes his bad MD team to Columbus to play an Urban Meyer team that is past due to get the offense rolling.

I think I'll take the Over.

What if, I know it won't, but what if Maryland wins? Edsall still fired?

A little surprised that MD would make the move in the middle of the season. What's the point of paying him not to coach?

Edsall is a complete zero dealing with media, and can't believe he is very strong at generating confidence in his meetings with big donors. At the time he was hired, it was very predictable that he would be mediocre at MD, which made the decision to fire Freidgen who at least had some success, and took MD to a bowl when he was hired. Will be interesting to see how this job is perceived among the top candidates as MD is in the far tougher division of the Big 10 (Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State, who will be strong again at some point). Then again, the founder of Under Armor went to and played football at MD, maybe Kevin Plank will give MD a blank check to try to build a solid program.

I think most of us would've paid [Redacted] not to coach his whole time here.

Not sure that what "Rick Moranis" did at Wake can be referred to as" coaching"
That's the guy that shrunk the team before the Clemson game, right? He got run over by the Deacon's motorcycle, but he managed to fit within the tire tread.

940x.jpg

Jeff [Redacted] stars in: "Honey, I destroyed a basketball program."

So will SCar get an extra home game vs LSU at some point?

game scheduled at LsU in 2020 remains in Baton Rouge. Tough break for the gamecocks as this is still considered a home game for them and will never be "made up"

Can South Carolina retroactively move the 2012 game to Columbia? Might've won the natty had that been the case

game scheduled at LsU in 2020 remains in Baton Rouge. Tough break for the gamecocks as this is still considered a home game for them and will never be "made up"

Crap LSU will have to wear their white jerseys at home.

We should've offered up BB&T for a price and made a little coin.

Back