• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

State fans continue to be bipolar about their team. Not nearly as good as they thought with their OOC petit dejeuner, but they'll still be favored to win against us.

Well, Virginia just got their first takeaway this year. Now wake is the only team in FBS without a takeaway.

State fans continue to be bipolar about their team. Not nearly as good as they thought with their OOC petit dejeuner, but they'll still be favored to win against us.

Depending on today 's outcomes. Good chance we will be favored.

Evidently Duke is good against the triple option. That might or might not translate against other teams.

Well, their offense is also much better than ours against Army.

That was Hinton's 1st game and Wolford was banged up when he was in. Not sure how much you can take out of it.

Duke's defense appears pretty solid.

Evidently Duke is good against the triple option. That might or might not translate against other teams.

In their four games against non-option teams, Duke has given up a total of 33 points, slightly more than eight points per game. If Army doesn't score, Duke will have given up an average of 10 points per game against triple option teams, so I think it's safe to say their defense is solid in general.

At some point folks must grudgingly accept that Duke has done something that Wake has never done: Become a perennial ACC power in football. I hope this realization will make some of them pretty mad.

Duke is destroying Army 27-0 at the half. Don't like the implications of the transitive property here.

But transitives don't count.
Otherwise, Wake would've been national champs last year Wake > VT > OSU

At some point folks must grudgingly accept that Duke has done something that Wake has never done: Become a perennial ACC power in football. I hope this realization will make some of them pretty mad.

A wise post. And what we did not do post Orange Bowl. Opportunity missed to the tenth power.

Duke has been decent for a couple of years, but calling them a "power" is a massive stretch. Their success is based in some significant part on the lack of quality in their division (I'm looking at you, Miami and Virginia Tech).

They still haven't won a bowl game since JFK was president. Power, indeed.

Just Loh being Loh. He called everybody who questioned Duke's "greatness" last year jealous haters, and then they got throttled by UNC at home. They have been a coastal division contender the last 3 years and appear to be this year. The one time they won the coastal, they got destroyed in the ACCCG.

Duke has been decent for a couple of years, but calling them a "power" is a massive stretch. Their success is based in some significant part on the lack of quality in their division (I'm looking at you, Miami and Virginia Tech).

They still haven't won a bowl game since JFK was president. Power, indeed.

"Perennial" is also a stretch at this point.
By that definition, Wake was a perennial power in the 00's.

The difference between Wake in the 00s and Duke now is that Duke's dominance traverses multiple QBs and classes. Wake's run was because of one QB and one recruiting class. I agree that the weakness of the Coastal plays a heavy role in Duke's success. But when you're a contender for the Coastal championship 3 years in a row you're a perennial power in that division. I hate it, but it's the damn truth.

Back