• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

They have also avoided FSU, Clemson, and Louisville and had the benefit of playing a down Wake program every year.

But they have won alot of games and elevated the program. Kudos to them. They seem to have just as good of a chance of winning a mediocre coastal as anybody else. Could say that about almost the entire division right now, IMO.

Last edited:
At some point folks must grudgingly accept that Duke has done something that Wake has never done: Become a perennial ACC power in football. I hope this realization will make some of them pretty mad.

The difference between Wake in the 00s and Duke now is that Duke's dominance traverses multiple QBs and classes. Wake's run was because of one QB and one recruiting class. I agree that the weakness of the Coastal plays a heavy role in Duke's success. But when you're a contender for the Coastal championship 3 years in a row you're a perennial power in that division. I hate it, but it's the damn truth.

This is a joke right? "perennial ACC power"? The only perennial powers in the ACC are FSU and Clemson. Dook will never be mentioned in the same breath with them. Contenting to win the Coastal doesn't mean shit. Since the new format they've been to one, wake has been to one. Wake has won and Duke got their shit pushed in. FSU, Clemson, VT and GT are all better. Being around 5th best isn't a power.
For comparison, Grobe through 8 seasons: 54-44, Cutcliffe: 44-49.

Last edited:
Just Loh being Loh. He called everybody who questioned Duke's "greatness" last year jealous haters, and then they got throttled by UNC at home. They have been a coastal division contender the last 3 years and appear to be this year. The one time they won the coastal, they got destroyed in the ACCCG.

I don't say this because it's obviously 100% true, but because I know it pisses people off, and I want people to be pissed off about it. I'm pissed off about it. It's absolutely humiliating.

I mean I for one am sufficiently pissed when Duke is good at anything, whether it's a new development or not.

Longhorn players really seem to like Strong. That's a massive win for him.

WTH has happened to GT? Yikes.

Maybe Clem is pretty good -- CFB ain't my forte. I still get the feeling they'll lose to a Miami or State type doe

Damn. McGahee, Lattimore, Chubb. I know odds are remote but if I'm Fournette I'm at least thinking about sitting out next year.

We can win this game.
Just need a few good drives.
Ou D should be able to keep shutting them down.

Damn. McGahee, Lattimore, Chubb. I know odds are remote but if I'm Fournette I'm at least thinking about sitting out next year.

Latt and Chubb both shredded their knees against UT. as long as Geaux Tigers don't play them...

nahman.0.gif

Back