• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Selection Sunday Thread (NWT)

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Yay for another year in which this day doesn't mean anything to us.

You guys think UVA will get the final 1 seed if Michigan loses?

Last edited:
Yay for another year in which this day doesn't mean anything to us.

You guys think UVA will get the final 1 seed if Michigan loses?

Yeah, its getting harder every passing year to remember what that feeling of excited anticipation was like as we waited to hear our name called on selection Sunday.

Think Michigan gets it regardless due to all their road or neutral site top 50 wins, even if it'll look silly if they get blown out.

I'll go out on a limb and have some fun with alliteration and say SMU gets left out and USM (Southern Miss) gets in. Not a decision I'd make personally but SMU has a couple red flags

Another year of adopting an ACC team and a few mid majors.

Maybe Michigan isn't a lock...

NCAA March Madness
‏@marchmadness
Update from the #Selections Room: Committee is working off 2 contingencies right now. #SelectionSunday

Not sure how the reg season champ and tournament champ from ACC doesn't get a 1 seed. Best conference and all. Isn't there an AD from some irrelevant ACC school on the committee or something?

After today at least a few more fanbases will hate Ron. Andy Katz is interviewing him later. That should be an interesting dynamic.

I adopted UVA when Bz was retained last year.

I adopted UVA 4 years ago when UVA hired Bennett, and Ron hired Buzzdick.

I think Louisville may deserve the 4th #1 seed but prolly won't get it. I'm hoping UVA and Michigan get 1/2 in the East because Michigan is a better match-up for them than Louisville is.

After today at least a few more fanbases will hate Ron. Andy Katz is interviewing him later. That should be an interesting dynamic.

I hope there are some real screwjobs that Ron has to uncomfortably try to explain.

Not sure how the reg season champ and tournament champ from ACC doesn't get a 1 seed. Best conference and all. Isn't there an AD from some irrelevant ACC school on the committee or something?

I would say the ACC is the 5th best conference this year.

I adopted UVA 4 years ago when UVA hired Bennett, and Ron hired Buzzdick.

I think Louisville may deserve the 4th #1 seed but prolly won't get it. I'm hoping UVA and Michigan get 1/2 in the East because Michigan is a better match-up for them than Louisville is.

If those two are 1/2 in East then it works out the same either way. With UM losing wonder if it will be UL. Agree that might be worse for UVA.

I hope he hears the phrase "Worst Loss: Wake Forest" at least 50 times.

I just can't wait to hear Ron talk about the importance of a strong OOC schedule. Hope that comes up a lot.

Back