• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Selection Sunday Thread

With Louisville the stated #1 overall, that means that the committee rated Duke as the last #2....or #8 overall. That is somewhat surprising to me, though I don't disagree with it. I don't think Duke would beat Mich State...and I'm not sure they would beat Creighton.

Not necessarily - former chair just said that is what they would like to do, but the conference avoidance requirements and other "guiding principals" sometimes prevent it from happening.

With Louisville the stated #1 overall, that means that the committee rated Duke as the last #2....or #8 overall. That is somewhat surprising to me, though I don't disagree with it. I don't think Duke would beat Mich State...and I'm not sure they would beat Creighton.

Maybe that last #1 is Miami and they didn't want Duke to be the #2 there.

Also Louisville lost as a #1 seed in Indianapolis in 2009 ... to Michigan State. Will history repeat?

Kansas a #1. Wow. Miami bounced most likely.

How does Kansas get the #2 seed? The Big 12 is incredibly top heavy.

Isn't Duke in the ACC? He just said "1st team from the ACC".

0% chance Duke or UNC does what Miami did and doesn't get a 1 seed.

Kansas-UNC, obviously that was done on purpose

Go Nova.

Back