• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Senior Day"

daaberry

Reaction score
So the state of the basketball program has gotten so low that Wake has to call the 2nd to last home game Senior day b/c they expected fans to be there for CP3. I can't imagine a worse example of how far the program has fallen. The announcer even came out & said there still is another home game, but they wanted to do it today so the students can be here. Of course fans & students aren't going to be able to make it next weekend.. ??? It makes no sense at all & is embarrassing that it has come to this.

They didn't show or say on TV, but did they have CJ out on the court w/ his parents before the game? like next week doesn't exist? To go even further, there is a very good chance that Wake beats Va Tech, so wouldn't it be more fitting to have Senior Day be a victory? I find it very sad & confusing.

Senior Day and Spencer Jennings doesn't even get to see the court? Sad.

The more and more I think about it, [Redacted] is gone. Toast - there is no way he can survive this year, even with that Miami victory...

It is darkest right before dawn - have faith it will get better soon.

So the state of the basketball program has gotten so low that Wake has to call the 2nd to last home game Senior day b/c they expected fans to be there for CP3. I can't imagine a worse example of how far the program has fallen. The announcer even came out & said there still is another home game, but they wanted to do it today so the students can be here. Of course fans & students aren't going to be able to make it next weekend.. ??? It makes no sense at all & is embarrassing that it has come to this.

They didn't show or say on TV, but did they have CJ out on the court w/ his parents before the game? like next week doesn't exist? To go even further, there is a very good chance that Wake beats Va Tech, so wouldn't it be more fitting to have Senior Day be a victory? I find it very sad & confusing.

Students are on spring break for the Va Tech game - they would have done Senior Day today regardless of the CP3 jersey retirement. They do it with football too - even when we have a final home game over Thanksgiving break, they do Senior Day when the students are in town.

This is not to say we don't have a dumpster fire of a program right now, but I just don't think this is the best example of our program being in the shitter.

The more and more I think about it, [Redacted] is gone. Toast - there is no way he can survive this year, even with that Miami victory...

In his last year, Odom beat Kansas by 30 and we were ranked in the top 5. Plus, the Butlerization was an impressive effort compared to most of our games.

There is no logical reason to retain Bz. None, zero, zip. I agree it is possible he goes.

Students are on spring break for the Va Tech game - they would have done Senior Day today regardless of the CP3 jersey retirement. They do it with football too - even when we have a final home game over Thanksgiving break, they do Senior Day when the students are in town.

This is not to say we don't have a dumpster fire of a program right now, but I just don't think this is the best example of our program being in the shitter.

That is good to hear and makes much more sense.

Barring an ACC Tourney run at least to the semis, he's gone. Doubt that will happen though as the team has quit. I think there is a very good chance we don't win again this year. I know everyone is counting Va Tech as a victory, but I'd say there is a good chance Tech comes in and wins. I just think we'll be playing out the string and they'll play hard for their first year coach.

Senior day should have been

The Miami game

The only way Bzz is gone next year is if he resigns on his own. I doubt he gets fired, I doubt he gets pushed out.

In the ACC of my youth, all the seniors started on Senior Day...even the walk ons. Now everybody gets a signed basketball and a picture. The start means more.

In the ACC of my youth, all the seniors started on Senior Day...even the walk ons. Now everybody gets a signed basketball and a picture. The start means more.

Agree with this.

Pretty sure [Redacted]'s daughter is a senior. I feel bad for her.

No way giving Jennings a couple of minutes of playing time could have lost the game any worse than it was lost anyhow. In fact, it may have given the team a boost. Inexcusable, in my opinion.

Back