• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Senior Day"

Last edited:
No way giving Jennings a couple of minutes of playing time could have lost the game any worse than it was lost anyhow. In fact, it may have given the team a boost. Inexcusable, in my opinion.

Agreed.

Students are on spring break for the Va Tech game - they would have done Senior Day today regardless of the CP3 jersey retirement. They do it with football too - even when we have a final home game over Thanksgiving break, they do Senior Day when the students are in town.

This is not to say we don't have a dumpster fire of a program right now, but I just don't think this is the best example of our program being in the shitter.

Uh, not saying this isn't the official excuse, but that's bullshit. Ish and company's senior day was the last regular season of the game, taking place on the Saturday at the beginning of spring break.

Uh, not saying this isn't the official excuse, but that's bullshit. Ish and company's senior day was the last regular season of the game, taking place on the Saturday at the beginning of spring break.

But dont you remember that way back then we had a real team, with a real coach, and real fans, and people wanted to see them play, and they would fill the Joel, and ... and ... and???

The more and more I think about it, [Redacted] is gone. Toast - there is no way he can survive this year, even with that Miami victory...

It is darkest right before dawn - have faith it will get better soon.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you feel this way? I am losing all hope and faith. I am looking for anything.

Personally, I would give Spen Jenn Chase Fischer's minutes every game, not just senior day.

Personally, I would give Spen Jenn Chase Fischer's minutes every game, not just senior day.

+1. Hey I admire the kid's effort but he's overmatched defensively in most situations. And Buzz puts him in at critical times - late 2nd half today - when the timing is wrong.

Should have had Jennings start the game and then sub a regular starter after the first minute or two, like Dean Smith always did on senior day.

Should have had Jennings start the game and then sub a regular starter after the first minute or two, like Dean Smith always did on senior day.

Or Dino did.

Of course, you can only do that if you aren't as piss poor bad at basketball as we are.

And, recall that Jennings was the one that [Redacted] held out of the 3 point contest out of fear he would beat the scholarship players. Recall this is the guy who paid to come to Wake to play basketball, put in the same level of time commitment (or similar anyway) as the scholarship players, and had two different leg related injuries (I think a broken leg and a torn acl, but might be remembering wrong). What a class act [Redacted] is.

I can't imagine playing for Bz with a scholarship, much less without one.

Not playing a kid who is a senior, even for 30 seconds, is beyond incompetent. Very low class as well.

Dude complains about youth all the damn time and can't even play a senior for a few seconds.

I didn't know he did this to Jennings. It is beyond awful to not let the senior walk-on get some run. Give him the start, if he is a train wreck, sub him out first whistle, if he is ok, let him play a few minutes. He's a shooter so he offers something positive to the team.

They already upstaged CJ. Makes sense they bury the walk-on.

I 2nd the complaints about Spencer. I also noticed that they gave the senior student managers huge, framed photos of themselves (?), instead of framed signed jerseys. I could have sworn that managers used to get framed, personalized jerseys, signed by the team. Having a huge random photo of yourself standing on the court is pretty stupid.

Back