• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So are you all going to apologize to the Stratts?

While I disagree with those who think private channels such as letters and emails are the best way to express our displeasure (and terming it "bullying" sounds suspiciously like that dunce from Clemmons who wrote the Letter to the Editor), I understand the position. I think I'm more ticked at the asshats who gave Stratt a hard time because he wasn't an alumnus or gave PH shit because of some X/Y axis bullshit. An impression had to be made, and it had to be a strong one to get proper attention.

As soon as we hire a new coach can those billboards be changed to welcome the new coach? That would actually be money well spent.

And if you think the current billboards are objectionable, just wait and see when/if Buzz is retained.

@redsox

how is it petty if the AD is dead silent over the issue? desperate times/desperate measures. if Buzz is dead, then declare him so. no reason to wait until he returns from dayton. zero.

The billboards and any other public displays are embarrassing and counter-productive. Send emails/letters, call the AD and stop donating. Bullying RW (or anyone else) in public is a really dumb idea.

I wonder how many that post on this board can honestly say that they have taken the initiative to do any of your alternative suggestions? If [Redacted] comes back, it's because the fan base has been far too passive and Wellman has been way too comfortable.

#Wellmanout till he is gone.

J.P. Mundy ‏@JP_Mundy 2h
Key point made by Bilas on @DavidGlennShow re: fan rex to [Redacted] situation- this is beneath Wake and their people. It surely is.

YOU TELL 'EM, MUNDY!

@redsox

how is it petty if the AD is dead silent over the issue? desperate times/desperate measures. if Buzz is dead, then declare him so. no reason to wait until he returns from dayton. zero.

I agree to an extent. If we were deciding whether or not to put up a billboard now, and we had no other inside info on Bz's position? I'd probably say sure, let's go for it. Like you said, desperate times, desperate measures, etc.

But we put the billboard up while the season was still going on, and after we received inside info that Bz's firing had already happening (which I still take 100% to be true). It seemed (and still seems) unnecessary, is all. The man is gone.

I agree to an extent. If we were deciding whether or not to put up a billboard now, and we had no other inside info on Bz's position? I'd probably say sure, let's go for it. Like you said, desperate times, desperate measures, etc.

But we put the billboard up while the season was still going on, and after we received inside info that Bz's firing had already happening (which I still take 100% to be true). It seemed (and still seems) unnecessary, is all. The man is gone.

and if i stop brushing my teeth and never get another cavity #winning

aerobanner.0986694001395260540.gif

There is really not a single positive thing that comes from the billboards. Whenever Bz is fired, it won't be because of a billboard on I40.

What are you talking about, there has been tons of national press highlighting the particular level of insanity behind RW's decisions and there's reports that he'll be out the door within 24 months. If we can embarrass the guy for being an ass and get him out the door relatively soon, that's mission a'fuckin complished.

The billboards and any other public displays are embarrassing and counter-productive. Send emails/letters, call the AD and stop donating. Bullying RW (or anyone else) in public is a really dumb idea.

Well, at least Jerri Smith of Clemmons has been identified.

Well, at least Jerri Smith of Clemmons has been identified.

I am definitely not that guy. I just find the billboard to be counter-productive and a poor reflection on our fanbase.

a poorer reflection of our fanbase would have been to NOT show up on national news voicing our displeasure. Writing letters that some secretary sorts and never reaches Ron's desk? No thank you.

I am definitely not that guy. I just find the billboard to be counter-productive and a poor reflection on our fanbase.

People like you are perfect example of the pussifcation of America. If you think public criticism of a man making millions of dollars, sucking dick at his job, isn't fair, then Fuck you. Sack up and quit being a little bitch. It's a billboard that says we're waiting, fire [Redacted]? Are you you fucking kidding me thinking that that message is too far?

You billboarders realize that, if anything, the billboard will make Wellman more determined not to show that he is reacting to "those who yell the loudest," right?

"We're waiting." Keep waiting.

You billboarders produced absolutely nothing. He got 4 years.

Back