• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden is “an elderly man with poor memory”

Need a recent example? How about not supporting a mainstream Pub for Speaker? Instead, they let a minority of Pubs push that fascist Mike Johnson thru to the detriment of the Country and any possible constructive agenda. Why? Because they have no interest in partisan politics. But yes, Dems are always the good guys because hey, the other side is so much worse. In my mind they all should be shit canned.
The best example you can come up with of Democrats being just as bad as Republicans is that they didn’t intervene in an unprecedented way to stop Republicans from doing something dumb and shitty?

I mean, seriously? That’s the opinion you want us to take seriously?

"mainstream republicans" are maga. They dumped mainstream mccarthy in favor of this pos they ultimately stuck the country with.

Need a recent example? How about not supporting a mainstream Pub for Speaker? Instead, they let a minority of Pubs push that fascist Mike Johnson thru to the detriment of the Country and any possible constructive agenda.

You are not a serious person.

If they had an actual legit smoking gun that merits Biden facing an impeachment trial, they would have used it already. This is pretty obviously being slow played to keep it in the news cycle as long as possible.

Hunter is right to demand an open hearing. It's a certainty Republicans would redact the transcript of his testimony to their own ends, and also certain they would move the goalposts on having an open hearing afterwards either by not doing so or scheduling it for December of 2024 or some other shady shit.

It's shit or get off the pot time. They've presented a lot of circumstantial evidence that really just adds up to Hunter made way more money that his junkie ass should have, but that's not criminal (unless he didn't pay taxes...which they've already got a criminal indictment for) and very obviously hasn't been tied to the president in any actionable way. The only thing I've read that even made me raise an eyebrow was 6 figure loans being repaid as a lump sum, but again if they had anything proving this was actually money laundering it would have been referred to proper authorities immediately

I just give zero fucks about what a president's family members are doing I the context of how it affects actual governance, unless they are actually employed as part of the administration.

Hunter is a sideshow.

I feel like this all setting up for Biden to give a heartfelt emotional speech about how much he loves his son that makes him look very sympathetic and makes Republicans look shitty.

I feel like this all setting up for Biden to give a heartfelt emotional speech about how much he loves his son that makes him look very sympathetic and makes Republicans look shitty.
Too bad he can't string together five words through all the drooling.

I’m not comparing the level or target of the duel. Only saying i believe it exists.

This sort of summarizes where we are as a society when it comes to political discourse. I mostly blame cable news fostering the tribalism where we can retreat to our own echo chamber and feelings become facts. To borrow and maybe butcher a phrase from Mike Murphy, I'm right and the other side is evil, so anything I do is justified.

Jonathan Turley has completely transformed into Alan Dershowitz.

Ex-F.B.I. Informant Is Charged With Lying Over Bidens’ Role in Ukraine Business

The informant’s story was part of a series of explosive and unsubstantiated claims by Republicans that the Bidens engaged in potentially criminal activity.

The special counsel investigating Hunter Biden has charged a former F.B.I. informant with fabricating claims that President Biden and his son sought two $5 million bribes from a Ukrainian energy company, according to an indictment in a California federal court.

The former informant, Alexander Smirnov, 43, was accused of falsely telling the F.B.I. that Hunter Biden, then serving as a paid member on the board of Burisma, demanded the money to protect the company from an investigation by the country’s prosecutor general at the time.

The story Mr. Smirnov told investigators was part of a series of explosive and unsubstantiated claims by Republicans that the Bidens engaged in potentially criminal activity — allegations central to the party’s efforts to impeach the president.

In July, Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa, released a copy of an F.B.I. record that included the false allegation without naming Mr. Smirnov, or questioning its veracity.

“I’ve been pushing the Justice Department and F.B.I. to provide details on its handling of very significant allegations from a trusted F.B.I. informant implicating then-Vice President Biden in a criminal bribery scheme,” Mr. Grassley said in a statement at the time, praising “heroic whistle-blowers” who brought the document to light.

The claims in the report turned out to be a lie, said the special counsel, David C. Weiss, the Trump-appointed U.S. attorney in Delaware.

Mr. Smirnov now faces a two-charge indictment for making false statements and obstructing the government’s long-running investigation of the president’s troubled son. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 25 years in prison.

Mr. Smirnov is a permanent resident of the United States, according to a senior law enforcement official. He was arrested in Las Vegas on Wednesday after disembarking from an international flight and was expected to appear before a federal judge later Thursday.

Hunter Biden promised to protect the company “through his dad, from all kinds of problems,” Mr. Smirnov falsely claimed to the bureau in 2020, according to Mr. Weiss, the special counsel who has charged the president’s son twice over the past year on tax and gun charges.

Mr. Smirnov, prosecutors working for Mr. Weiss said, was only in contact with Burisma executives in 2017, after Mr. Biden left office — when he “had no ability to influence U.S. policy.”

He is accused of exaggerating his “routine and unextraordinary business contacts with Burisma” into “bribery allegations” against the president, who is identified in the filing as “Public Official 1.”

House impeachment inquiry possible over Biden financial misconduct, payments coerced by the Biden’s to Hunter from the Ukrainian energy company, Burisma. The FBI informant claimed their company officials paid the Biden’s $5 million in 2015 & 2016 in return for help ousting a Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating the company.

Senator Grassley’s form FD-1023 might show the public the full view of the unverified claims.

Biden previously said he never spoke to his son about his business dealings. Now the White House spokesperson is backtracking and now says Joe was never in business with Hunter.
How’s that FD-1023 looking now, Reff?

Indictment using falsified evidence? Is that bad?

The reff hasn't stopped by to get his whoopin'? shocked.

Back