• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Football Practice

Thanks for replying. Has Clawson said anything about the QB radio at all? TV yesterday said the days of teams having signs calling plays are gone, but I don't see how anything changes for Wake as they call plays at line and don't huddle.
He's talked to Tony Siracusa (Last Word On Sports) about it extensively, I think, either on a day I wasn't there or when I was talking to other people than Clawson. Think Tony will have a story on it in due time (if he hasn't already, could've missed it).

Spring and fall camp practices have never been closed to us. The only ones that are closed are game-week ones, and you can probably count on one hand the amount of P4 programs that allow media at those.

@DeacsOrDie, I put something in the thread earlier about not doing the same practice reports as usual.
Gotcha. Clawson was still mum about I divdual players due to the portal and NIL

I really feel for Kern. No one has been more dedicated to WF in football. He had to endure the sideline many weeks as a spectator, like everyone else in the world asking why he didn't get a real chance. Had a very good game vs Syracuse with very little playing time. Seems the coaches wanted him back. He stays but is relegated to the back of the line in the QB room. Kid is accurate with the ball, can throw deep, and he's mobile. After 5 years it just seems he deserves more.

I really feel for Kern. No one has been more dedicated to WF in football. He had to endure the sideline many weeks as a spectator, like everyone else in the world asking why he didn't get a real chance. Had a very good game vs Syracuse with very little playing time. Seems the coaches wanted him back. He stays but is relegated to the back of the line in the QB room. Kid is accurate with the ball, can throw deep, and he's mobile. After 5 years it just seems he deserves more.
Kern is not relegated to anything. He was hurt for Spring practice. Clawson has said he's not naming a QB starter in the Spring (like last year), and there will be open compeition over the Summer.

He "didn't get a chance" last year because he was hurt in the first game he played.

He's "not getting a chance" now in the Spring Game because he's injured.

Regardless of how this season and his overall career at Wake plays out, I do think Kern is one of those guys who will (turn on the cornball/sappy meter) "win at the game of life". Unlike a lot of guys now who bounce around the portal with no apparent plan other than NIL $$ and playing time (which hey I'm not knocking; whatever works for you), he seems like the old school guy who will actually be able to jumpstart a career and build on it off of having a Wake Forest degree while showing both leadership and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork. Emotional maturity is in high demand from employers regardless of a candidate's age, and w/o any evidence I'm guessing he posseses that.

Back