• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stand back, there's a hurricane coming: vs. Miami tonight

happy for the win, sad for the state of cbb

whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle, FGA, whistle, whistle, TV timeout, whi...

yup. it really is unwatchable. not gonna lie...I love the Deacs but I tuned in late because I was watching the Houston game and I'm not a huge fan of the nba. College basketball is just too painful though

yup. it really is unwatchable. not gonna lie...I love the Deacs but I tuned in late because I was watching the Houston game and I'm not a huge fan of the nba. College basketball is just too painful though

They have to switch to quarters. Going to be brutal until then.

twitter tidbit, most points scored in an ACC regulation game in 12 years.

Deacs close with a 13-2 run for a 96-77 win. Of course they did have a 23 point lead with 17:57 left in the game and allowed every Deacon fan to experience a feeling of impending doom. The important fact is that they closed the came when it counted. Collins and Woods had their best game in conference this year. Crawford came up big in the second half, especially to end Miami runs. Chill and Moore with good contributions off the bench. If those two can continue to contribute this team is much stronger.

Last edited:
When they cut the lead to single digits the first time I threw my tablet into the chair across the room and refused to watch. My wife left the room and I am not sure if she is talking to me... I didn't even yell a bad word, either...

I couldn't help it and picked it back up with three minutes to go, just in time to watch our ending run... Being a Wake fan is not for the faint of heart. I really hope we learn something from this and go on to win a bunch... I fully expect early foul trouble in Raleigh - but hope we can fight through it...

Deacs close with a 13-2 run for a 96-77 win. Of course they did have a 23 point lead with 17:57 left in the game and allowed every Deacon fan to experience a feeling of impending doom. The important fact is that they closed the came when it counted. Collins and Woods had their best game in conference this year. Crawford came up big in the second half, especially to end Miami runs. Chill and Moore with good contributions off the bench. If those two can continue to contribute this team is much stronger.

Don't forget wilbekin. He seemed to be the most poised against the press.

Looked at the box score. McClinton with the 6 trillion line.

Interesting numbers are 96 points/9 TOs. Considering two were weak offensive fouls on JC and Dinos and another was a push-off by Brandon and another by Keyshawn. That's amazing control of the ball

Good thing the Collins/Crawford/Woods trio scored 61... Almost pulled off shooting over 60% from both the field and the 3 point line. Just missed shooting 90% from the line as well.

That's... not bad...

SJM with one minute but with one key rebound and assist.

Seriously curious whether it was the foul trouble of our other bigs that cause that, or if his trust in Collins is growing.

Shout out to Crawford. Terrible first half, Childress playing great early, but in crunch time he came in and settled everything down. Broke the press repeatedly under control, couple great dishes and dunks, a big 3, some solid free throws... Put in good minutes when we needed them.

He did well offensively. His d was a train wreck. Had they not blown the pass/catch, he would have given up an easy alley-oop in the 2-3 when he didn't recognize their was a cane in the corner for like 10 seconds.

most points scored by wake - not total points scored

I assumed it was the most points Wake has scored in a regulation ACC game in 12 years. In 2005, we scored 103 at Clemson and 98 vs. Tech.

Back