• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Buzz - End of Year Three (Regular Season)

Three years later, where do you stand on our dear Buzz?

• Total voters
I know the significance of the "numbers/doofus" option but what does choosing it signify in this instance? They don't feel like revealing their opinion? They think the poll is bad? Want to be different/ironic/counter productive? Just felt like giving those two some love?

Well the original SotB's were framed as approval questions ("Do you approve of the job Jeff [Redacted] is doing as Head Coach?") so the doofus/numbers option was covered under "I am not sure" which was also the Buzz-Wait option.

Honestly a more frustrating answer than BuzzIN is BuzzWait. WTF are you waiting for?

Suggestion: This is the umpteenth Buzz poll. Everyone knows where these results will end. How about a poll on that inglorious prick of a bastard Wellman?

Suggestion: This is the umpteenth Buzz poll. Everyone knows where these results will end. How about a poll on that inglorious prick of a bastard Wellman?

It's the umpteenth because we do a pre-season, mid-season, and post-season poll. If you want a Wellman poll, start the thread.

I was reconsidering things after the NCSU win and close Duke loss, but the inconsistent play throughout the ACC schedule has entrenched me in the #BuzzOut camp even further - I'd rather lose every game close than these annoying swings where we look like world-beaters one day and completely incompetent the next.

When did we look like world beaters? We beat two ranked teams that looked like world beaters one day and completely incompetent in the Joel against us. That's about it.

When Bz was announced as head coach I thought " who is this." I saw his CO record & was disappointed but thought, ok I'll give him a chance to prove himself...then we played Stetson. We lost to an effin' hat! I've been #BUZZOUT since that day.

When did we look like world beaters? We beat two ranked teams that looked like world beaters one day and completely incompetent in the Joel against us. That's about it.

I use the term world beaters very loosely, perhaps I should have said competent basketball team instead.

I think it will go a long way if anybody in the press looks to the board for a temperature check.
On that point, other than the link at firebz.com, how does your run-of-the-mill media person know to look here, vs.TOB? This is where the true discussion and passion are.

On that point, other than the link at firebz.com, how does your run-of-the-mill media person know to look here, vs.TOB? This is where the true discussion and passion are.

This board, Scout and Rivals are top 5 on most any Google search for Wake Forest forums or similar.

I know the significance of the "numbers/doofus" option but what does choosing it signify in this instance? They don't feel like revealing their opinion? They think the poll is bad? Want to be different/ironic/counter productive? Just felt like giving those two some love?

I added it because "why not?" Posters complain when it's not on there, and for the reasons that you and BP identified... I think it's safe to say that only three of 205 posters are not BuzzOut.

The press has made BuzzOut sound as though it's a somewhat marginal phenomenon. That is clearly not the case. At this juncture, a majority of the fanbase wants him out, even after beating Miami and NC State. Beyond these blips on the radar, I think this season has spoken for itself and the numbers prove it.

Ph and others are better at statistics, but there has to be some generalizable takeaway from 97% BuzzOut (and actually higher if you account for doofus/numbers) after 205 votes.

This one is the only one that requires registration just to read though. May filter out super lazy journalists.

If only we could get our hands on the Deacon Club email list, we could circulate a survey about him and Wellman and disseminate the results.

This one is the only one that requires registration just to read though. May filter out super lazy journalists.

If only we could get our hands on the Deacon Club email list, we could circulate a survey about him and Wellman and disseminate the results.

With that in mind:

Mods, is there any way to get this poll to show up on the site, so that members of the press can read it without having to login? Perhaps this poll and some of the graphs, links, and materials developed by vt and the Stratts?

When Bz was announced as head coach I thought " who is this." I saw his CO record & was disappointed but thought, ok I'll give him a chance to prove himself...then we played Stetson. We lost to an effin' hat! I've been #BUZZOUT since that day.

This is me exactly.

With that in mind:

Mods, is there any way to get this poll to show up on the site, so that members of the press can read it without having to login? Perhaps this poll and some of the graphs, links, and materials developed by vt and the Stratts?

Nope. They have to register.

Back