• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes credibility watch

This year we are 2-8 on the road in the ACC. Two years ago we were 5-5 with wins at VT, GT, State, FSU, and UVA. Do you think Forbes forgot some aspect of coaching over the past two years? I don't, I think we have more inconsistency from the PG position compared to Alondes, which is why we have struggled more on the road.

This. Boopie is a sophomore, not a 5th year senior. At times on the road, the moment gets too big for him.

You see it in missed front ends of 1 and 1s, sloppier dribbling, and a lack of aggressiveness.

I’m hoping he can grow into the role, but his play currently drops dramatically when the pressure builds in the second half of road games.

well that's a different bet.

Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer.

By the way, since you DEMAND EXCELLENCE, especially for an organization that has had much failure, how do you feel about Andy Reid and the Chiefs? The hadn't won a Super Bowl in over 40 years when he took over! And he didn't win a playoff game until his seventh year there! They should have shit-canned his ass!
Because the bet you proposed was idiotic. You wanted to bet that Steve Forbes makes the NCAA Tournament before Daniel Jones wins a Super Bowl. Steve Forbes is supposed to make the NCAA tournament, at least once every 2 or 3 years. That is a basic expectation of his job. Daniel Jones isn't supposed to win the Super Bowl, no matter how much he gets paid. If it happens then great, but it is not a basic job requirement.

If you wanted to bet that Daniel Jones would make the playoffs as a starting QB before Forbes makes the NCAA tournament at Wake then that would be a more in-line bet, but I would win that immediately as it already happened.

Because the bet you proposed was idiotic. You wanted to bet that Steve Forbes makes the NCAA Tournament before Daniel Jones wins a Super Bowl. Steve Forbes is supposed to make the NCAA tournament, at least once every 2 or 3 years. That is a basic expectation of his job. Daniel Jones isn't supposed to win the Super Bowl, no matter how much he gets paid. If it happens then great, but it is not a basic job requirement.

If you wanted to bet that Daniel Jones would make the playoffs as a starting QB before Forbes makes the NCAA tournament at Wake then that would be a more in-line bet, but I would win that immediately as it already happened.

half the teams in the NFL make the playoffs. Congrats for not sucking (one time).

You're the won who compared the Super Bowl to the NCAA tournament.

And if you're talking about demanding excellence from someone earning millions, well, I got 140 million reasons to demand that Danielle win a Super Bowl

Really? How much of that $140 mil are you paying? Are you a Giants' season ticket holder or buying a bunch of Daniel Jones jerseys? Conversely, a good portion of us directly contribute to Forbes' salary.

And I compared the two because it is harder to win the Super Bowl than make the NCAA tournament. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise. Yet they have done it twice over the same span.

LOL no, I don't have Daniel Jones jerseys. He sucks! Enjoy watching him!

I honestly can’t tell if Forbes is the issue or if the kids just aren’t responding. Even K had some years where his players didn’t execute. It’s just frustrating to have this much talent and be on the bubble.

As someone else commented earlier, there was a reason that some of these guys didn’t play at their other schools. Maybe because they don’t have the killer instinct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? How much of that $140 mil are you paying? Are you a Giants' season ticket holder or buying a bunch of Daniel Jones jerseys? Conversely, a good portion of us directly contribute to Forbes' salary.

And I compared the two because it is harder to win the Super Bowl than make the NCAA tournament. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise. Yet they have done it twice over the same span.
How much do you donate to the Deacon Club/NIL a year, big fella (if any)?

Forbes seesaw credibility continues. Looks like another end of season fade in progress. A loss tonight makes ACCT championship almost required. We look bad…no inside game, ever with Forbes. It’s a fucking problem!

We have no fucking depth and that continues to be the biggest issue. Guys are going to have off nights but we have no other option. MMM getting any playing time at all on a team trying to make the tourney is a huge issue.

We have no fucking depth and that continues to be the biggest issue. Guys are going to have off nights but we have no other option. MMM getting any playing time at all on a team trying to make the tourney is a huge issue.
But then why didn’t we try to play MMM more over the course of the season and why the hell isn’t Damari an option? He’s dressed.

Back