• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survival and Pick 'Em Games 2015 (Week 3 reset for Survival)

Leading the pick me after a very nice 13-3 week 1. Not feeling so great about week 2 though.

Arizona on the road is a tough pick. Those western teams hate playing at 1 on the east coast.

Arizona on the road is a tough pick. Those western teams hate playing at 1 on the east coast.

True. Giants just looked SOOOO bad last week. Probably me overreacting and you are certainly right on the 1pm east coast thing. Not a lot of "good" picks this week. Packers are probably a safe pick but I don't like using the really good teams this early.

I don't think you waste Denver this early. I like a couple of other options this week Tenn and Arizona this week.

In our pool we can take the same team as many times as we want.

I don't think you waste Denver this early. I like a couple of other options this week Tenn and Arizona this week.

I feel much better about Denver vs. KC than their next 7 weeks: @ Seattle, BYE, vs. Arizona, @ NYJ, vs. San Francisco, vs. San Diego, @ New England.

If you're alive in week 10, you're in great shape whether or not you have Denver.

There are two basic strategies in survivor, and it's never worked for me to try and save the best teams for later.

Well that seems simple. How many winners a year?

Last year 3 people shared $36,000 on the winners side and 6 or 7 people split $18,000 from the consolation pool. There were about 360-370 people at the beginning.

This year the top side went up to $51,000 and change. 104 people lost last week. 72 were on the Bears.

I'm kinda surprised at how spread out our 259 are. I really expected in excess of 220 to be on Denver.:

Denver - 134
Green Bay - 63
SF - 21
Seattle - 18
NO - 12
Tampa Bay 5
NE 2
Washington 2
Detroit 1
Philly 1

How are so many people picking Green Bay? Their D is so questionable.

There are 2 brave souls (read idiots) in your pool, even if they are playing the Jags, and I say that as a 'Skins fan.

Current percentages in Yahoo:

1 Green Bay 29.40%

2 Denver 24.08%

3 New Orleans 19.03%

Jets are gonna keep it close if not win this weekend. Geno is gonna throw three TDs. Calling it here.

There are two basic strategies in survivor, and it's never worked for me to try and save the best teams for later.

My big survivor rule is never take an away team. But I do kinda try to save some good teams, or rather take a fair to middling team here and there where I think it's their easiest game of the year. Like I took Pittsburgh last week - almost cost me in the 2nd half - there was a lot of that going on last week. I also tend to put stock in what I consider must win games for good teams. And that's why I'm going with Green Bay this week - 10 days to prepare for a must win home game against a young QB. While I like Denver this week, I also tend to shy away from rivalry games. Another game I kinda like this week is Tampa against StL w/o Bradford and Long on the road.

Out week 2. Thanks 'Nawlens! The Browns? The effing Browns? Maybe your defense just isn't as good now that you can't pay players to hurt people. Dahum. :rulz:

Back