• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse @ Wake Forest 10/8: 7pm, RSN

Wasn't that the run from the 2 to about the 7 yard line?

That's the one I remember. Carney trucked the Syracuse defender, but as he fell, he managed to cling to Carney's ankle for dear life and eventually bring him down. If he hadn't, there was a lot of green ahead of Carney

One of the things that stood out to me yesterday is how sure our defense is in tackling. The strength gains they made in the offseason really show up when we meet RBs at the line, even if all we get on them are arms. They used to run right through us and Janvion would make a ton of tackles in the second level. Really impressive.

There was one 3rd down play in the 4th quarter where it looked like they'd found space on a cutback and we only had one guy chasing. He promptly ran him down and wrapped him up for another 3rd down stop. Tackling, speed, and strength all drastically improved this year. We just about dominated that game on both ends - who saw that coming based on last year? Pretty damn impressive even with the light schedule.

A couple of things on the run total. The botched snap and loss of 39 yards went against our running yards last night, so we really had about 230 on the ground last night when adjusted for that and I think starting center Josh Harris was out too. The improvement in the ground game has been very impressive.

There was one 3rd down play in the 4th quarter where it looked like they'd found space on a cutback and we only had one guy chasing. He promptly ran him down and wrapped him up for another 3rd down stop. Tackling, speed, and strength all drastically improved this year. We just about dominated that game on both ends - who saw that coming based on last year? Pretty damn impressive even with the light schedule.

That was Marquel Lee. He played like he got some of DWade's #roidjuice before the game.

That was a great Carney play, but my favorite was several plays later on a fourth and inches: Cade gets the first down and more and somehow two Syracuse players are injured trying to tackle him.

That was a great Carney play, but my favorite was several plays later on a fourth and inches: Cade gets the first down and more and somehow two Syracuse players are injured trying to tackle him.

#CadeCarnage
#HurriCade

I noticed Harris hadn't played when looking at the participation list. Anyone know why??

If that is the play I think you are referring to, Syracuse sold out in packing the middle and almost immediately Cade went outside for a big gain. Smart running as well as powerful

A tip of the cap to Alique Terry. In the spring game, he was constantly bulldozed into the backfield. Last night he held his own against the infamous "Syracuse 7". If you could look at the Tulane game film, and the blocking last night, especially under the weather conditions, you would have to wonder if it's the same guys in those uniforms. Way to go, OL!

If that is the play I think you are referring to, Syracuse sold out in packing the middle and almost immediately Cade went outside for a big gain. Smart running as well as powerful

Nope, that's yet another -- even more impressive, in my opinion -- Carney run

I can tell you that the play I'm thinking about happened at exactly 9:36pm EST.

With a pretty young team. About half the starters are RS SOs or younger, yes?

We're young and will have about 75% of our starters back next year.
If we have a pretty good season this year, we'll be in position for a very good season next year.

Not sure what the schedule looks like next year, but this year's schedule is about perfect for us

Not sure what the schedule looks like next year, but this year's schedule is about perfect for us

Home: Presbyterian, Utah St., FSU, Louisville, Duke, and NCSU. Away: App St., Notre Dame, Clemson, Syracuse, BC, and GT.

Back