• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TC on his way to Nova

Congratulations to Villanova for making it to the 2015 Final Four!

Obviously he was just afraid of the competition. Nova never has good guards.

(note: sarcastic)

Kind of figured he'd end up close to home after all the talk about him struggling at Wake being far from family. Good luck to him. I do wonder what Villanova fans think about this...

ouch, I didn't realize Villanova was in such bad shape. best of luck to TC, though. i'm glad he landed at a major program and looks like he can contribute.

Villanova lost 19 games last season for only the second time in program history and missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2004. Two starting junior guards, Maalik Wayns and Dominic Cheek, have decided to leave and start their professional careers. They were the top two scorers. Five of the eight returning scholarship players will be sophomores who averaged a combined 23 points in 87 minutes.

Good luck at 'nova TC. Hope your hand continues to heal quickly.

My understanding is that academics at Villanova are pretty challenging. Nice to see that he isn't stepping away from earning a worthwhile diploma.

Goos luck tony.....

I wonder if he will get a waiver.

He shouldn't. If he does, every transfer in the US who moves closer to home will be applying for one. I'm not discounting his situation, but don't think it would be worthy of a waiver.

ouch, I didn't realize Villanova was in such bad shape. best of luck to TC, though. i'm glad he landed at a major program and looks like he can contribute.

Villanova lost 19 games last season for only the second time in program history and missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2004. Two starting junior guards, Maalik Wayns and Dominic Cheek, have decided to leave and start their professional careers. They were the top two scorers. Five of the eight returning scholarship players will be sophomores who averaged a combined 23 points in 87 minutes.

I take my sarcasm back. Regardless, good luck Tony.

Good luck, Tony!

In light of the mass transfer and considering that we're stuck with Bzz in a state with absurd amounts of talent, it seems as though we should really focus our efforts on recruiting players closer-to-home for the next couple of years.

My understanding is that academics at Villanova are pretty challenging. Nice to see that he isn't stepping away from earning a worthwhile diploma.

Villanova is a great school, with integrity. I've always been proud to say that my 2 favorite Universities are Wake and Nova.... I used to be proud of 3, but well, that 'other' school is involved in a little bit of a scandal right now....

ProfDeac - Nova has hit a bad run of recruits not living up to hype. Malik waynes can score on anyone in the country, but does little else...he's a very poor mans Iverson IMO. The laughable aspect of this team is that Dominick Cheek is turning pro. What a mistake. He has NO business entering in the draft. But, with Malik and Cheek going, it has left the door wide open for TC to compete for time.

Jay Wright has not been coaching well either. Last year was by far their worst season, but the season before was no picnic either. Now, all they did was get younger. It's going to be, likely, another tough year.

Villanova will be a better team without Wayns and Cheek, but the whole program has been in a downward spiral since the Reynolds/Fischer fiasco.

What happened to his hand?

I think Dominic Cheek chose Villanova over Wake as his final 2. Weird he is turning pro though ..

This is the post where I also remind everybody that Jay Wright is former ultimate frisbee warrior. I expect JW to flee the Big East in the next three years for a better conference and a fresh start.

And what is the Fischer Reynolds fiasco? Similar to the Braxton - ? fiasco? You balled my girlfriend and now I won't pass you the ball?

Back