• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell About A Moment In Your Life When People Clapped For You

Since we're all giving 99 lb. weakling responses, I'll contribute mine:

- Captaining my HS's Social Studies and General Knowledge academic teams, and being on the local school TV channel!
- Giving a speech at the State Youth Legislature when I ran for Lt. Governor (and lost)
- Giving a speech when I ran for HS Student Council President (and lost)
- When I finished my marathon there were mad peeps clapping

I'm sure there are others but that is all I can think of right now

Oh yeah, obvi had people clap during races, some of which was directed at me.

1976Deac, Mrs. 1976 and others gave me a standing O as I got my diploma on The Quad at Wake.

I was a ballboy for a women's pro tennis tournament as a kid and was working on the stadium court for I think a semifinal match so there were probably 7-10 thousand people in the stands. The ball got stuck in the net after a serve. It was really wedged in there good and took me a few seconds to get it out. The crowd gave me a round of applause afterward. Not my finest moment.

I share many of the same experiences that have already been shared over the years.....45 in all.

I played HS & College football, IM softball & flag football championships, flag football national champion....
I was the lead in our HS musical, sung & acted in various church performances.
I've been my school's Teacher of the Year, a district semi-finalist & received several grant awards that were recognized by our school board.

So far, a pretty good life.....

Back