• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Fed heard me say he needs to close this out before some Claw football. He just reeled off 3 games in about 5 minutes.

The draw really opened up for Nadal this afternoon with Berdych and Dmitrov losing. Only seeded matchup before the semis would be potential quarterfinal against 9 Goffin or 18 Monfils. I still don't trust him not to get upset by some unseeded player before that point

1st set to the guy ranked 121...

I'm not a big tennis fan, and the lack of action on this thread for days proves that for many on this board I guess. I've been following this Slam pretty closely. American women doing great, men not so much. Querrey dominated his way to the quarters, and yes, I realize Zverev was probably not 100%, and that Zverev did beat Isner who was not 100%.

This is probably a dumb question, but I'll throw out the hypothetical: if Querrey faces Federer in the finals, who is the crowd favorite? Same question for Nadal.

Last edited:
I'm not a big tennis fan, and the lack of action on this thread for days proves that for many on this board I guess. I've been following this Slam pretty closely. American women doing great, men not so much. Querrey dominated his way to the quarters, and yes, I realize Zverev was probably not 100%, and that Zverev did beat Isner who was not 100%.

This is probably a dumb question, but I'll throw out the hypothetical: if Querrey faces Federer in the finals, who is the crowd favorite? Same question for Nadal.

Against Nadal, Querrey

Against Fed, no true favorite and both sides are loud.

This is probably a dumb question, but why are the 1 and 3 seeds on the same side of the draw? Shouldn't 1 and 4 be opposite 2 and 3?

This is probably a dumb question, but why are the 1 and 3 seeds on the same side of the draw? Shouldn't 1 and 4 be opposite 2 and 3?

It's a good question. Pro tennis draws have a lot of "random selection" inserted into them to keep from having the same players always playing each other. So part of the draw process for each tournament determines if the 1 will play the 3 or 4 in the semis (1 and 2 are always on opposite halves of the draw).

It's a good question. Pro tennis draws have a lot of "random selection" inserted into them to keep from having the same players always playing each other. So part of the draw process for each tournament determines if the 1 will play the 3 or 4 in the semis (1 and 2 are always on opposite halves of the draw).

Once Murray withdrew before the tournament, I wish they could have put Fed in the other half. Said another way, I wish Murray would have withdrawn before the draw was announced.

Delpo comeback was epic.

I watched the final set from the top of Grandstand. You could literally hear the crowd singing across the whole site

I watched the final set from the top of Grandstand. You could literally hear the crowd singing across the whole site

That's awesome. Fed said he heard them well during his match on Ashe.

I really think it is going to be an All American semifinal on the women's side.

Last edited:
How bad would it suck to bust your ass, get to be a top 20 in the world tennis player and you end up with a Fila sponsorship.

Back