• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

deacphan

Reaction score
Today was the first day it felt like baseball season. I brewed beer outside for the first time in 2012, without a jacket on even. It was glorious. Just felt like a day I should be getting ready for baseball.

Coincidentally, or through divine intervention (I choose to believe the latter as God is most definitely one of Us, baseball fans), it was also the first full week of official team workouts. I think I may be starting this thread in the best shape of my life, and Hope Springs Eternal in cities across the nation.

So what is everyone looking forward to? Here's my short list (or it may belong depending on perspective):

1. Will my SQUAD finally do it? Will another one that never has get over the hump? Of the titleless franchises I think I'd rank their odds of winning like this (offhand, Vegas probably is closer): Rangers, Rays, Rockies, Nationals, Mariners, and Astros.
2. Miggy Cab at third.
3. Uggla's massive guns.
4. How will the 2011 award winners do?
5. Which GIANT, fat Yankee pitcher will do well? Which will, hopefully, eat himself out of the rotation?
6. Speaking of fat Yankees, which "eat less, pants fit fatty" unit will do better: the Yanks pitching staff or the Tigers offense?
7. Daniel Bard in the rotation.
8. El Hombre in a city where people don't worship him, and everyone in every city he goes to kind of hating him now?
9. Carlos Pena's dimples.
10. ALex Torres' dimples.
11. Miggy Cab at 3rd.
12. Will Yu be better than CJ Wilson?
13. WIll Yu thow any gyro balls?
14. Will Theo be worth the worst Chris Carter in sports' history?
15. Which of my MY NL BEast teams will take down my HATED Phils?
16. Will Dom Brown be awesome? WIll he do it after the Phils move him for a reliever?
17. LoMo's in-season tweet-battles with Ozzie.
18. Who will be awful? How awful will they be?
19. Will Matt Kemp hit now that Rihanna's, the hitting Muse, is back with Chris Brown?
20. The Padres farm system.
21. The Royals studs.
22. Bryce Harper.
23. Stephen Strasburg.
24. Matt Moore.
25. BEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
26. Miggy Cab at the hot corner.
27. Who will represent the Astos in the All-Star game?
28. How many 1B and shitty closers can we get in the AS game?
29. WIll the National League continue their All-Star game and World Series DOMINANCE?
30. Josh Hamilton's battle with alcoholism and proselytism.
31. The new playoff system (hesitantly)?
32. Jason Heyward pulling a JUpton.
33. Will anyone in the NL Central win 87 games?
34. Lincecum
35. The Rays 2011 draft picks
36. Bobby Abreu's bitching
37. Oswalt pulling a Rocket in Steinbrenner's booth.
38. Billy Hamilton going for 100 steals again.
39. Anything groundbreaking in the statworld?
40. HitFX?!?!?!?
41. RJ abstaining from this thread.
42. Halladay, Lee, and Hamels.
43. Will Howard return?
44. Braun.
45. Manny being Manny
46. Zimbears
47. My All-time favorite player's last year for my favorite team.
48. Desmond Jennings
49. Will Crawford rebound?
50. Can the Mariners and A's keep pace with the Halos and Rangers?
51. Joey Bats

I may add more. Lets get to 162.

52. my mood shifting from day to day depending how my team did the night before.

Tigs finally odds on favorites to win their division, cause FUCK DEFENSE

I'm going to Opening Day for the first time since third grade. Its also my 25th birthday. RIP JDawg

95961.jpg

95306.JPG

oh and seeing PHAN at Pickles again....i have some friends coming to town for the may series so i'll be there

54. the best scorched earth revenge campaign in sports history

go to aforementioned weekend series at OPACY n00b

Oh, I'll definitely be going to some of the Orioles games as I did last year. I'm just extra excited for seeing them in interleague play against this exciting Nationals team.

During football season I usually get angry at my parents for being smart and successful and therefore not living in Baltimore.

But come spring, THANK GOD!

Answer for Astros in all-star game, in order of likelihood: Carlos Lee, Wandy Rodriguez, Bud Norris, J.D. Martinez.

definitely have to have something about Joel Zumaya. the guy is missing another full season. i feel so bad for the guy.

55. Will Bobby V break out the mustache?
56. Can the Jays stay in the race?

57. Does Kendrys Morales bounce back?
58. Closers/set up men turning starters....Chapman, Bard, Sale, Feliz.
59. Multiple Friars getting their last chance: Venables, Kyle Blanks.
60. MAYBIN!
61. Promotional giveaways! Friars and Halos have some great giveaways this year....what is everyone else targeting?

Got way too excited this time last year. Probably need to sit this spring training out. Just for my own health.

Yes, I'm an Orioles fan. Owner gone yet? No? Well, then let the beatings commence. Hooray for baseball.

As a Nats fan, I already hate Bryce Harper. Complete douche. With that said, please hit 40 bombs this year.

During every day of the year I usually hug my parents for being smart and successful and therefore not living in Baltimore.

But come spring, THANK GOD!

FIFY (hopefully)...and I lived in Baltimore last year.

Back