• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

MLB should have a provision in their CBA like the Sterling Rule in the NBA. Because Donald Sterling had been so cheap for so long they had a minimum salary that any team could spend and hefty fines for not reaching it.
Why? Baseball isn't like basketball. You don't need bloated payrolls from superstars to put together a winning ball club. See: A's and O's 2022.

Why? Baseball isn't like basketball. You don't need bloated payrolls from superstars to put together a winning ball club. See: A's and O's 2022.

I may have a pretty good record on picking KY Derby winners and exactas for the current year, but even I wouldn't presume to pick a winner ten years out.

I believe a few of those are backloaded like a mugg too. They'll be hard to get rid of.

I think you're just salty because you know the pundits will be slotting the Os in at 4th, at best, in the NL East next year ;)

I think you're just salty because you know the pundits will be slotting the Os in at 4th, at best, in the NL East next year ;)

wtf we're switching leagues with the Asstros now? don't put me in the nubs DHless league!

Oops.... still kind of works, though. The Os would definitely be picked to finish above the Marlins!

Back