• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

The Reds will win 90+ games and cakewalk the NL Central. Come on, they shored up their staff and pen with Latos, Madson & Sean Marshall. They will challenge for the NL pennant.

If Morales bounces back, what do the Angels do with Trumbo?

Will Matt Wieters allow a single steal? How many times will his name be spelled wrong on message boards?

Why did the Cubs stove hotness peak before FA started?
Will Jorge Soler ever be a Dominican?

57. Does Kendrys Morales bounce back?
58. Closers/set up men turning starters....Chapman, Bard, Sale, Feliz.
59. Multiple Friars getting their last chance: Venables, Kyle Blanks.
60. MAYBIN!
61. Promotional giveaways! Friars and Halos have some great giveaways this year....what is everyone else targeting?

My friend who's a waiter at Ruth's Chris here in Asheville said he waited on Cameron Maybin's dad the other day. Said he was really cool but all the other guys he was with were d-bags.

Meanwhile, up the road in Port Charlotte, Rays manager Joe Maddon said his team would continue to serve beer. "We're not the Boston Red Sox," he said.

fried chicken will apparently still be in the mix for team dinners as Joe thinks "it goes great with beer."

/extra 2%

A few more, NL East edition:
65. The return of Josh Johnson (as well as Strasburg) and all the kid pitchers in Atlanta (including Kimbrel's sophomore season in addition to the starters)
66. The Marlins ridiculous new park with it's nightmarish home run celebration
67. The new dimensions of Citi Field (and whether they aid in a bounceback year and possible trade for David Wright)
68. Whether Vance Worley can continue to cause major league hitters to stare at a third strike at an unreasonable rate
69. Which young player Chipper Jones calls out in the media in a vaguely dickish manner

70. Josh Beckett Hates snitches, will he be good or bad this year?

In an expletive-filled interview with WEEI.com, Josh Beckett claimed there were clubhouse "snitches" who revealed his misbehavior and the personal issues of manager Terry Francona to the media last fall.

Beckett said: "Somebody made that stuff up, just like somebody made up that we were doing stuff … This is stupid. I don't understand what the big deal is. Somebody was trying to save their own ass, and it probably cost a lot of people their asses. The snitching [expletive], that's [expletive]. It's not good.

"There's two things with the clubhouse thing that I have a problem with: If I'm going to say something about the clubhouse, my name is going to be on it. The second thing is you never want to be remembered as that guy because that will follow wherever you go. It's just mind-boggling to me."

This...

Is the year that all my heartache pays off. I bet I have missed no more than 40 Nats games (either on TV or in person) since 05. That is a lot of shit sandwiches, hopefully I will get to see some decent baseball this year.

Tigs finally odds on favorites to win their division, cause FUCK DEFENSE

That's what I'm talking about. And my son is getting the MLB package with Time Warner, so we are going to spend a lot of quality time watching games this year with my grandsons.

This...

Is the year that all my heartache pays off. I bet I have missed no more than 40 Nats games (either on TV or in person) since 05. That is a lot of shit sandwiches, hopefully I will get to see some decent baseball this year.

That is impressive and sad at the same time. Hopefully, a little sun will shine on your ass this year.

Back