• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2012 Official MLB Baseball Thread (Mother's basement edition)

Phils making a move - have traded Matt Rizzotti to the Twins - haven't seen what they got back, but have to guess it is a middle infielder.

Edited: Nevermind, they just traded him for cash. Pete Orr and Freddie Galvis it is!

Ruben, of course, has no interest in the monitary value of the cash. He just likes having more old faces to look at.

this always happens as opening day closes in, but im beginning to get optimistic about the mutts. duda for offensive mvp.

While Chooch has been taking grounders at 3rd for backup duties, no, they literally traded the guy for money - a guy who some thought could be the heir apparent to Howard as lately as last year.

While Chooch has been taking grounders at 3rd for backup duties, no, they literally traded the guy for money - a guy who some thought could be the heir apparent to Howard as lately as last year.

He is a 26 year old DH who hit decently in AA last year, which isn't particularly useful in the NL. If he was the heir to Howard he would have taken over at age 31. You're right, there was a segment of the fanbase that had a baseball crush on Rizzotti, but he didn't have a future with the Phillies.

He is a 26 year old DH who hit decently in AA last year, which isn't particularly useful in the NL. If he was the heir to Howard he would have taken over at age 31. You're right, there was a segment of the fanbase that had a baseball crush on Rizzotti, but he didn't have a future with the Phillies.

And no matter what Rizzotti did in AAA or in camp, he couldn't change the fact that he was a little leaguer in 1997. And the key determinate in making the bench is how good you were in 1997.

When do you think the Dodgers' new ownership is gonna shitcan Ned Colletti? Even with his hands tied this offseason, he managed to make like 3 or 4 terrible moves. They gotta get him out of there ASAP. He's too much of a bonehead to even be trusted as a caretaker.

And no matter what Rizzotti did in AAA or in camp, he couldn't change the fact that he was a little leaguer in 1997. And the key determinate in making the bench is how good you were in 1997.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't just look up Hector Luna on BR to check his 1997 stats. He is younger than I thought.

So I was thinking about getting into MLB this year. X-Box recently got MLB.tv so for $25 a month you can watch every regular season game in HD. I haven't followed pro baseball in years, and don't have a particular team to root for. Suggestions?

I would say Cubs, but all that would mean is you will be sorely disappointed and depressed during every summer for the rest of your life - you will also start not liking goats. Misery does love company though.

If you want to bandwagon it, hitch your ride up to Townie with the Tigers, they should be good.

Anybody but the Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies, Braves, Rangers, or Angels.

Yeah, I was going to skip the teams with the huge fan bases and try to find a smaller team to bandwagon onto.

Tigers should be some good entertainment. (Big hitters on offense, likely some laughable defense, a pitcher that throws 100mph.) I think that's who I would choose if I was randomly picking a team this year.

Nats if you want to pick a team to support going forward, as they are about to be really good (though the bandwagon is likely getting crowded already).

Tigers should be some good entertainment. (Big hitters on offense, likely some laughable defense, a pitcher that throws 100mph.) I think that's who I would choose if I was randomly picking a team this year.

Nats if you want to pick a team to support going forward, as they are about to be really good (though the bandwagon is likely getting crowded already).

Even though they are the Tigers' division rival, I would suggest the Royals as an up and coming team, as well.

So I was thinking about getting into MLB this year. X-Box recently got MLB.tv so for $25 a month you can watch every regular season game in HD. I haven't followed pro baseball in years, and don't have a particular team to root for. Suggestions?

Padres!

Just bought MLB.tv Premium...excited about getting back into baseball!

Royals signed Gordon to an extension. Hosmer is next. Busy offseason for Dayton. Has signed Escobar, Perez, and Gordon to extensions.

Back