• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just signed Boykin (on the Packers last year). Could be solid..but he lost more and more playing time as the season went on.

Hope we will still try to get Jennings, but with signing a WR i doubt we do now

Last edited:
I am reading it correctly that he had three catches last year?

I guess we hope for a return to 2013 form.

If I remember correctly, I drafted him late in one league and the first game they played the Seahawks and he was on Sherman's side and was basically a decoy the whole time. Adams overtook him the rest of the season and the rest is history

I am reading it correctly that he had three catches last year?

I guess we hope for a return to 2013 form.

He got a lot of playing time and targets in 2013 because Cobb got injured. He was never more than GB's 4th WR. He's not very good. He's basically just a better version of Bersin so he's got that going for him I guess.

GMAN with the hometown lovey dovey signing. Kid went to Butler.

Yeah, our last WR/KR Panther who went to Butler had horrible hands too.

4.74 40 with 7.12 in the three cone. Those are slightly above average numbers for a TE. Not good.

Eh, why not? Worst case is he just gets cut and has a nice cry about it. Most likely case is he is a serviceable backup at both LT and RT. Best case is he realizes his potential that made him a 2nd round pick.

If we draft an OT in the 1st as well we will probably have 3 tackles on the roster better than our starting 2 tackles from last year.

If we sign Jennings, draft an OT in the 1st then some combination of WR, RB, CB in the 2nd-4th and add defensive depth/ST'ers with the rest of the draft I will be thrilled with this offseason.

I don't think we are getting Jennings though. That would really surprise me.

Last year we went into the season with 5 WRs and it's already getting crowded accounting for a WR draft pick:

#1 - Kelvin
#2 - 2nd round draft pick
#3 - Ginn
#4 - Boykin/Cotchery
#5 - Cotchery/Boykin
#6 - Philly Brown

Cut - Brenton Bersin
Practice Squad STUD - Stephen Hill

Tho I guess we could cut some of the bottom half guys but I like Philly and Cotchery was a decent possession guy last year.

Last year we went into the season with 5 WRs and it's already getting crowded accounting for a WR draft pick:

#1 - Kelvin
#2 - 2nd round draft pick
#3 - Ginn
#4 - Boykin/Cotchery
#5 - Cotchery/Boykin
#6 - Philly Brown

Cut - Brenton Bersin
Practice Squad STUD - Stephen Hill

Tho I guess we could cut some of the bottom half guys but I like Philly and Cotchery was a decent possession guy last year.

David Newton had a piece on Stephen Hill yesterday (link). How the hell that guy isn't at least a viable NFL receiver with his physical attributes is beyond me. He's like a create-a-player in Madden with an awareness of zero.

Well.... Its better than last year

Kind of amazing we are still decent with so many shit players

I give up on trying to understand our FA selections. This is why rich people shouldn't make analogies about bargain shopping and dollar stores, they obviously have no clue what they're talking about.

Am I misremebering but wasn't JMartin pretty good befor the Incognito thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back