• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
charles johnson
‏@randywattson
If I was a corner I would defiantly want to play on the panthers defense. Bad choice. Dline get cats paid over here ask Mike Mitchell & Cap

charles johnson
‏@randywattson
If I was a corner I would defiantly want to play on the panthers defense. Bad choice. Dline get cats paid over here ask Mike Mitchell & Cap

Me too.....defiantly!

Falcons fined $350,000 and will lose 5th round pick in 2016 for pumping fake crowd noise in their stadium.

doesn't seem like the "significant" punishment we were hearing rumors of

Panthers signed former Jags RB Jordan Todman to a 1-year deal. Had 972 KO return yards last season. Just under 200 each rushing and receiving from scrimmage.

G-man's really made a concerted effort to upgrade the special teams this year in lieu of picking up an impact player on offense. I'd really be surprised if we didn't take an offensive weapon in the first round.

doesn't seem like the "significant" punishment we were hearing rumors of

This felt light to me as well. For a 5th round draft pick, stack the field against the visitors... Seems like a pretty easy choice.... Should have been stiffer.

Like the pickup of Todman. We're bringing in a ton of Special Teams guys to compete and upgrade that side of the ball. Nice to see that we're addressing one of our worse areas last season instead of ignoring it. Gman's been solid as GM in 2+ years. (IMO)

So apparently the Panthers are really interested in a OLB who McShay has at #6 on his board.

Is GMan going to pull a Luke and jettison Thomas Davis or is this a move away from the nickel?

So apparently the Panthers are really interested in a OLB who McShay has at #6 on his board.

Is GMan going to pull a Luke and jettison Thomas Davis or is this a move away from the nickel?
Considering that Davis's knees are now made of bubble gum, hopes and dreams, we should probably prepare for a steep decline or sudden loss of his talent.

Is the OLB you are talking about Randy Gregory? He's a pass rusher and would be a DE in Carolina.

Shaq Thompson would be the TD replacement

Thanks for the clarification. Just going by the alerts on my phone. I'm even less happy about going DE in the 1st after going DE in the 2nd last year with Ealy showing promise at the end of the season, especially if it involves moving up.

Thanks for the clarification. Just going by the alerts on my phone. I'm even less happy about going DE in the 1st after going DE in the 2nd last year with Ealy showing promise at the end of the season, especially if it involves moving up.

We won't trade up for him. They are simply doing their due diligence in case he drops down to our pick. He failed a drug test at the combine, thus making him potentially drop out of the top 10/20. This is people making a story out of something that is likely routine yearly. You have to evaluate every player regardless of the likely hood of getting them. What happens if he falls to our 1st round pick? What about 2nd round? Need to get a sense of who he is and where his head is at is all. :)

I just can't believe we have 30 more days of this draft speculation.

I'd take a top tier LB if they are the best available at our pick. I've always been worried have so much depending on Luke and TD being healthy.. Thats one position that we can't afford to see decline any in the near future.

I'd take a top tier LB if they are the best available at our pick. I've always been worried have so much depending on Luke and TD being healthy.. Thats one position that we can't afford to see decline any in the near future.

I agree with this, but not in the first 3 rounds. AJ Klein was a good pickup in the 5th two years ago. I'd be fine with another pick like that for depth.

I agree with this, but not in the first 3 rounds. AJ Klein was a good pickup in the 5th two years ago. I'd be fine with another pick like that for depth.
True. Sometimes Klein looks a lot like Luke out there and I have to do a double take. Not often, but he's solid.

True. Sometimes Klein looks a lot like Luke out there and I have to do a double take. Not often, but he's solid.

He's not on the field often. Of course, when he wasn't in the game as a 3rd LB, Colin Jones was in at nickel. Both are good options alongside Davis and Luke.

He's not on the field often. Of course, when he wasn't in the game as a 3rd LB, Colin Jones was in at nickel. Both are good options alongside Davis and Luke.

Last year, the Panthers had 3 LB's on the field 1/3 of the time vs having a 5th DB on the field 2/3 of the time. It's just the way the NFL is now right now. Nickel CB is a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back