• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the scoop on Boykin? Does he have solid WR3/2 potential, but he was just on a loaded team up in GB? Is he a definite ST / bench player with no upside? I seem to think he had some hype early on.. Not sure though.

GoodVibesToday.jpg

Not sure that anyone else in the NFC South got much better so far this off-season. Unless Jameis is just ridiculous we should be favored to win the south again.

I agree with that breakdown although I'd say LBs are better because of what we saw from Glanton at the end of the season and that Kuechly and Davis show no signs of losing their dominance and the 3rd LB is not all that important. I'd actually say a healthy JStew puts RB at PUSH.

Not sure why the other thread rose from the dead to jump this one...BTTT.

The Official 2015 Carolina Panthers Good Vibes Thread

Ryan Kalil sighting at Panera in Myers Park ! Probably gonna eat all the salad.

Good god the women up in this Panera are lookin' good today !

Also saw Lynn Wheeler (thanks for the uptown arena) and Chief Rodney Monroe today. #biffistmzcharlotte

It's a little weird to say the Panthers have to trade up to find a player the caliber of a recent 5th round pick.

I'm convinced DE is going to be an early round pick. Too many people are projecting it. And 3 of GMan's 4 Top 2 picks have been DL.

6th round pick and Hardy was widely regarded as a 1st round talent and the best pass rusher in that draft. He was also thought of as a goddamn idiot who you couldn't trust. Both prognostications turned out to be very accurate.

I'm almost positive he goes DL early but I'm thinking it will at DT rather than DE. Cole and Edwards are getting close to be being done.

6th round pick and Hardy was widely regarded as a 1st round talent and the best pass rusher in that draft. He was also thought of as a goddamn idiot who you couldn't trust. Both prognostications turned out to be very accurate.

I'm almost positive he goes DL early but I'm thinking it will at DT rather than DE. Cole and Edwards are getting close to be being done.

And I don't think the front office was impressed with Star last year

Star was largely pretty anonymous, though he had some good games later in the year as the defense (and team) came together

Star was largely pretty anonymous, though he had some good games later in the year as the defense (and team) came together

And you can say that about the entire defense, even the LBs to some extent.

I'm real curious how GMan is going to spend at DL. He could be comfortable just drafting starter quality talent and serviceable veteran depth and letting star DL go to free agency.

Why not add Welker? He can't be that expensive can he? One year deal to give us a veteran slot wr

Can't see the front office going for a guy coming off a drug suspension last season. Plus he's very banged up. Not sure how much he'd add.

Welker needs to retire. He's one big hit from assisted living.

From every review I've seen of panthers last season, Star is pretty well respected

Turns out trading up is almost always wrong in the NFL draft, which is not a surprise given Marty Hurney's penchant for doing so. I really hope GMan doesn't develop that habit.

As far as priorities for this year, it has to be LT. If I were Cam, I'd be watching their commitment to protect me before I re-sign.

barw.0.gif

And Michael Oher ain't making him warm and fuzzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back