• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell actually did a decent job on that play. If Chandler doesn't get cockroached then Cam steps up in the pocket(or just stays put) and avoids the left side rush entirely.

Turns out trading up is almost always wrong in the NFL draft, which is not a surprise given Marty Hurney's penchant for doing so. I really hope GMan doesn't develop that habit.

The good teams trade down for more pics. Patriots have been doing this for years. Hawks and Niners have followed suit in recent years. It's the smartest play. Up is for teams like Cleveland who continually reach for players year after year.

The good teams trade down for more pics. Patriots have been doing this for years. Hawks and Niners have followed suit in recent years. It's the smartest play. Up is for teams like Cleveland who continually reach for players year after year.

Yeah, there was an article from Barnwell about this. No talent evaluation is good enough to trump the unpredictable nature of the nfl draft, so it's just better to have the extra picks vs. the higher pick.

This should make intuitive sense to Panther fans as Hurney's 2 biggest trade ups were for Otah and Armanti.

I believe Gettleman has said he doesn't believe in trading down

Even when you trade up and actually get a transcendent talent like Juilo Jones, your overall team depth is fucked. NFL teams are never one player away from contending, unless it's an elite QB obviously.

As far as priorities for this year, it has to be LT. If I were Cam, I'd be watching their commitment to protect me before I re-sign.

barw.0.gif

And Michael Oher ain't making him warm and fuzzy.

You picked Bell's best block of the season.

Turns out trading up is almost always wrong in the NFL draft, which is not a surprise given Marty Hurney's penchant for doing so. I really hope GMan doesn't develop that habit.

Sure, sure, I'd much rather have Phillip Rivers. Let KenPom run the draft board?

AP120516055916_1__xoq3iy30_zphzyd6y.jpg

Guys on the radio this morning were saying the Panthers will defintiely take Gurley if he falls that far. I just don't see that at all. Maybe pre-injury Gurley, but even that is a stretch ... who is to know that a post-injury Gurley is noticeably better than any fungible RB that can be found in rounds 4-7? I don't think they can afford to make that pick with glaring holes on the OL and at WR and starter-quality players likely available at those positions.

Also, Larry Fitzgerald was sitting with Keuchly next to the the Hornets bench at the game last night, for whatever that means.

Healthy Gurley is one of the few RBs over the last several years I'd consider taking in the 1st round. I could see going RB in the 2nd or 3rd next season if the RB of the future isn't on the roster this season from late round picks, UFAs, and veteran pick ups.

Also, Larry Fitzgerald was sitting with Keuchly next to the the Hornets bench at the game last night, for whatever that means.

I believe that was some sort of business or sponsorship thing. Sitting between them was the CEO of some private company based around Charlotte.

Guys on the radio this morning were saying the Panthers will defintiely take Gurley if he falls that far. I just don't see that at all. Maybe pre-injury Gurley, but even that is a stretch ... who is to know that a post-injury Gurley is noticeably better than any fungible RB that can be found in rounds 4-7? I don't think they can afford to make that pick with glaring holes on the OL and at WR and starter-quality players likely available at those positions.

I'd also rather have an OT or WR but Gurley is the real deal. Seen a few NFL guys comparing him to AP and Lynch.

I'd also rather have an OT or WR but Gurley is the real deal. Seen a few NFL guys comparing him to AP and Lynch.

I love Gurly as much, if not more than anyone, and I think he is the best college RB since AP. His blend of power and speed is truly unique.

With that said, I just don't see how we can risk taking him in the first. If we take him, I would doubt we'd see him carry a full load probably this entire season. Also, if we take him, then we still have major issues on the OL, which means he is going to be getting rocked.

Lastly, I don't buy into the whole "maybe he's not that good, bc look at what Nick Chubb did given the same scenario," but it is something scouts should at least consider before taking him with a first round pick. Especially given the Panthers other woes.

Just wanted to stop by and wish Tillman the best with the Cats. One of my favorite Bears in my short fanhood.

Ehh. Really just Harper & Tillman.

Norman and Bene ran 4.6, Boston ran 4.55

It's glacial in the back 4. We got Teddy Williams who is listed at CB and has world class track speed but I'm not sure he's actually ever played a snap in the NFL at CB.

Norman and Bene ran 4.6, Boston ran 4.55

It's glacial in the back 4. We got Teddy Williams who is listed at CB and has world class track speed but I'm not sure he's actually ever played a snap in the NFL at CB.

I think it's well known that if we don't get to the QB with our front 7 in a hurry, then we're going to be in trouble. Makes losing Hardy hurt that much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back