• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any statistical system of measurement that rates Brian Hoyer the third best QB in the league while Cam Newton is 21st is irretrievably broken.

Any statistical system of measurement that rates Brian Hoyer the third best QB in the league while Cam Newton is 21st is irretrievably broken.

Brandon Weeden played some of the worst quarterbacking I've seen this year. He got benched for Matt Cassell who had 1 week to learn the offense and ultimately was cut. He didn't have a lot of picks and had a high completion % because he threw to the checkdown almost literally every single play. The offense was putrid with him.

Higher QBR than Cam.

This is great, I had not seen this. Just goes to show, you cant tinker with plain stat lines and try to make them "better" in analyzing a QB (or any position). An exception will exist to whatever criteria is used/adjusted, making it no more valuable than just plain stats (ex/ the drop pass exclusion from QBR, etc). I mean Cam has at LEAST 2 interceptions that were purely deflected by the WR's hands upwards, but we don't sit there and talk about those and how they shouldn't count. All that matters is that Cam is the most important player on the best team in the NFL.

we won 4 games in the middle of the season without luke. we could never do that without cam.

the drop off from luke to klein compared with cam to derek and the importance of qb to lb, cam is more important without question.

luke kuechly is the most important player

Are you serious? He's the best defensive player in the NFL, but we can win without him and have done so. We would not win much in the playoffs without him, but without Cam we wouldn't have a prayer.

If we don't get a little more consistency from our placekicker, none of these other guys are going to matter.

the drop off from luke to klein compared with cam to derek and the importance of qb to lb, cam is more important without question.

Cam has a special set of skills, but this team can still win with DA.

We have won without Luke and I think you can make a case that he's the best player in the entire league.

I think the hardest players to replace on this team are Norman and Stewart. Their backups just can't do what they can do.

Cam is the most valuable player and it's not even close. A large majority of that might even be things brought to the table that don't show up on the field. He's put Charlotte on the national map; and continues to do it on a weekly basis.

Luke is the best player on the team.

Norman would be the hardest to replace.

Derek beat the Bucs twice last year. The Bucs were the worst team in the NFL last year.

The entire offense revolves around Cam. Basically half the plays involve a QB run or a threat of QB run, and the other half are deep balls for Cam's cannon. We have one of the best red zone offenses in the NFL, why do you think that is?

Cam has a special set of skills, but this team can still win with DA.

We have won without Luke and I think you can make a case that he's the best player in the entire league.

I think the hardest players to replace on this team are Norman and Stewart. Their backups just can't do what they can do.

Yeah playing against someone like Rogers in the playoffs w/o Norman would be a mess. Hell, even the Cowboys game would have been way different without Dez being shutdown completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back