• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going to take their time with Peanut's sprained knee to make sure he is healthy for the playoffs. They just couldn't keep throwing Colin Jones in the slot to get toasted. Sorry, Ph.

Seattle still has to travel to Minn and Zona. Don't see them getting the 5th seed.

They could easily be the 6th seed, upset the 3-seed in the wild-card round (especially if it is Minnesota....I don't trust them to win as easily in Green Bay), and end up in Charlotte in the divisional round, however.

They could easily be the 6th seed, upset the 3-seed in the wild-card round (especially if it is Minnesota....I don't trust them to win as easily in Green Bay), and end up in Charlotte in the divisional round, however.

If they do end up coming to Charlotte... I will be very relieved to know they will be w/o Graham. He was a matchup nightmare for us and gave Wilson a huge crutch once he was scrambling around.

Wasn't he at one point a top 5-10 corner in the league?

Retired last year, trained this year and decided to come back. In 2012, signed 5 yr/$50mm deal with rams, cut after two years. If he used his year off to get some explosiveness back, who knows might be a nice addition. Probably extremely cheap also.

Retired last year, trained this year and decided to come back. In 2012, signed 5 yr/$50mm deal with rams, cut after two years. If he used his year off to get some explosiveness back, who knows might be a nice addition. Probably extremely cheap also.

TITCR. Cheap and good instincts. It's pretty naive to expect him to be very fast.

Yeah this could work if we are resting Peanut until the playoffs but color me scared if this is a season long signing

Could he be a nickel back replacement? Didn't I see some stat where every nickel back target this year has been a completion?

TITCR. Cheap and good instincts. It's pretty naive to expect him to be very fast.
Wasn't saying he'd be fast, but hopefully a year off for his body might help him be fresher vs his past year. Either way, he's an experienced vet that will be a solid backup to add depth for the rest of the reg season in case of injuries or resting some guys.

Could he be a nickel back replacement? Didn't I see some stat where every nickel back target this year has been a completion?

Colin Jones has been targeted 12x this year allowing 12 receptions.

ESPN has their playoff machine live

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I came up with

1. Panthers
2. Cardinals
3. Green Bay
4. Giants
5. Vikings
6. Seahawks

Without spending a ton of time screwing around with it, this seems to be about the best setup for the Panthers that is also reasonably likely. Also as crazy at it might be, it seems like the Redskins have the best chance of winning the NFC East.

Carolina -7 at New Orleans. O/U 44

I like Carolina and the Under. People will see that with the Saints D and expect a higher scoring game, but I think the Panthers D shuts them down and the Panthers plink away some TD's and keep pounding without breaking a sweat.

Carolina: 27
New Orleans: 13

Wasn't saying he'd be fast, but hopefully a year off for his body might help him be fresher vs his past year. Either way, he's an experienced vet that will be a solid backup to add depth for the rest of the reg season in case of injuries or resting some guys.

Since we are asking him to contribute for really just a handful of games - AT MOST, half a regular season's worth - it would be interesting to see his production in the first half of the season vs. the latter half towards the end of his career. He should definitely be fresh out of the gate.

Colin Jones has been targeted 12x this year allowing 12 receptions.

If he gets a PBU in 10% of his targets, it's probably worth it.

Carolina -7 at New Orleans. O/U 44

I like Carolina and the Under. People will see that with the Saints D and expect a higher scoring game, but I think the Panthers D shuts them down and the Panthers plink away some TD's and keep pounding without breaking a sweat.

Carolina: 27
New Orleans: 13

I wouldn't touch the o/u. The Saints have had no trouble scoring at home. I see something like Panthers win 30-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back