• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2015 Panthers: 11-0. Going 300 on em.

I'd pay twice as much to fire Roman Harper. Then resign him and pay to fire him again.

When you pick 31/32, you take BPA of what falls through the draft. If Panthers were in that position this past year, then S Landry Collins or DE Randy Gregory would have been our pick. You can't go into the draft really expecting one of those two to actually fall to you. So yeah, make a plan, but be wiling to accept the gift the league gives you.

What if you don't have a first round pick, but you have the 33rd pick ? Do you draft for need or take the BPA ? Asking for a friend.

I'd pay twice as much to fire Roman Harper. Then resign him and pay to fire him again.

What if you don't have a first round pick, but you have the 33rd pick ? Do you draft for need or take the BPA ? Asking for a friend.

Need because you had the worst record in the NFL and somehow didn't get the 1st pick.

What if you received the pick in a trade or some sort of compensation ?

Depends. Did you play in the Super Bowl?

I think his point was that if you're picking 31/32, you're reacting on Day 1 and need to get the best player left on your board. If you're starting Day 2, you can regroup and start setting the pace for the day.

Allen is without a doubt gone. Keeping him was never a possibility. Harper will be gone. Gettleman likes his linemen too much to let CJ go, even with his cost. We have plenty of cap space next year. Of course if we can get 2-3 starting caliber players with that cap savings, say a cheaper DE and a good WR, then I'm all for it. I'm on the fence with Stewart. I was thinking he'd be gone after this year but since we haven't seen any CAP I think the plan is to keep him. Given his success I'm confident that Gettleman will do what is best.

He/Reese let Tuck and Osi walk. Johnson's contract was arguably the worst in the league the second it was signed. They've got to cut him, then maybe re-sign him if nobody else wants him for much more.

He'll take a paycut, but we all have to agree to continue calling him Big $

That's fine makes a tough game for all four teams in the wild card round. The rest of the NFC besides the Panthers and Cards is pretty meh.

I'd rather the Packers make it so we can avoid a tough game against the Bears.

Well, not really. But it's crazy there may be some truth in that statement

I'm comfortable against any of these teams at home in the divisional series. I'm pulling for the 5 seed to be hot so the Cardinals have a real challenge.

I'm comfortable against any of these teams at home in the divisional series. I'm pulling for the 5 seed to be hot so the Cardinals have a real challenge.

We'd most likely play a hot 5 seed.

I'd rather not play teams a second time if possible.

Agreed. That was a big part of our loss in '13 IMO.

We're more likely to wind up playing a hot 5th seed than Arizona

Ah good point I was thinking 5 and 6 seed would both win in that scenario.

I think the Packers are fading, the Vikings aren't good other than AP, the Bears don't have much of an offense, and any winner of the NFC South will be bad.

Ah good point I was thinking 5 and 6 seed would both win in that scenario.

I think the Packers are fading, the Vikings aren't good other than AP, the Bears don't have much of an offense, and any winner of the NFC South will be bad.

LOLWUT?

Whoops meant NFC East and combined them with AFC South. That's what I get for drinking and posting.

I was thinking that if the 5 and 6 seeds were Packers/Seahawks that I would want the 5 seed to take care of business and dominate so they would play Cards while we got the 6. Obviously whoever you play in the divisional round is coming off a win though so I guess it really doesn't matter either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back