• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 25 "hottest" hamburgers right now

I've never heard of the Satellite Room in DC, but since is't a short walk from my house I may be trying it tonight.

the burger is good. i'm surprised it's this high.

Also, the Rickybobby burger with the beef and bacon ground together is awesome.

The hottest burgers in Athens right now are the pimento cheese sliders (I realize that several restaurants offer these now), and the peanut butter burger. They're both just "meh". I still prefer just a grilled burger over open flame with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

i like a burger on the flattop better than grilled tbh. my fave, that i make at home, is cast iron skillet over a flame. you get the grill flavor and all the juices are retained.

Have you had any of the more famed burgers in DC? I'm really surprised Palena/Central/Whatever people think is tops these days wasn't the DC entry over some place I have never even heard of.

this list isn't about those. these are recently opened places with good burgers. everyone in DC already knows about those places and Ray's (RIP?), Good Stuff, Shake Shack, BGR, etc.

I really want to try LA umami, because the SF umami is ridiculously overrated.

I didn't know there was one in SF. There's one walking distance from my house. I wasn't impressed the first time I went but they are growing on me. The truffle burger is legit.

I think I was distracted by this spot for too long in the local area: http://www.letseat.at/standingroom/menu

I didn't know there was one in SF. There's one walking distance from my house. I wasn't impressed the first time I went but they are growing on me. The truffle burger is legit.

The SF one is kind of new. Only been around for about a year. (It's like five blocks from my apartment.) It's OK, but not incredible. There are better burger joints in our neighborhood. They do a signature burger made out of scallops that's really good, though.

this list isn't about those. these are recently opened places with good burgers. everyone in DC already knows about those places and Ray's (RIP?), Good Stuff, Shake Shack, BGR, etc.

Maybe I should re-word: It's hard to believe a place I have never heard of has one of the "most talked about" burgers in the country.

ah yeah - our signature burger is pretty good too: tempura fried cod, crushed avocado, cabbage slaw, fire-roasted salsa, chipotle lime aioli

gonna have to try this. was actually wondering about burger places in sf.

Yeah, Rickybobby is pretty good. Very busy right now, though, and the service suffers. The burger and the sweet potatertots were by far the best things we tried. Honestly, if I'm going to do comfort food, I'd rather just go back to the Broken Record, which is where the Rickybobby guys earned their stripes.

Roam makes a pretty decent burger. So does Gamine (a bistro in Cow Hollow). I wouldn't recommend going to Cow Hollow if you can help it, but if you're there, Gamine is a good spot. Super Duper is good. Pearl's in the tenderloin is good. The burgers at 4505 at the ferry building farmer's market are great (as are the chicharones - best I've ever had). Haven't done the Mission Bowling Club thing, but friends say the burger is worth the hype. Same goes with the burger you can get at the bar at Spruce in Laurel Heights.

KronnerBurger is the hot shit right now, but it's had mixed reviews.

Start with those.

I was really hoping there was a rule 34 about hamburgers, and i'd be able to post a picture of a provocative hamburger on this thread. :panda:

I've never heard of the Satellite Room in DC, but since is't a short walk from my house I may be trying it tonight.

Srsly, wish I had read this article before we went to that show a couple weekends ago.

The adult milk shakes at Satellite are way more impressive than their burgers. But the burgers are decent, don't get me wrong. Awesome place to grab food before a show at 9:30 (there or American Ice).

lol... i'm surprised you aren't afraid to visit. remember when you told me not to buy a condo in ledroit 2 years ago? dumbass.

Never heard of Seven Lamps, must be fairly new. Plus its in that terrible location that Hashigushi used to be in

Never heard of Seven Lamps, must be fairly new. Plus its in that terrible location that Hashigushi used to be in

I feel better that someone else in Atlanta had never heard of the place.

Anyone been to Seven Lamps (ATL)?

Yes. Nothing life changing, but a cool quirky little gastropub in the Shops Around Lenox. Defs a good option if you are around the buckhead malls. Bartender is one of the better ones in town. I didnt get the burger the one time I went.

Last edited:
Not on the list, but is Abbey Burger Bistro in Baltimore any good?

Went to Satellite tonight. Good burger. Good shakes. Good vibe. I will defs be going back.

Back