• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC 2016-17

Good summary. If you ignore your criteria, VT looks even better. They are set to get Ahmed Hill and Tyrone Outlaw back from injuries. Hill would have qualified (I think) as a key returner based on his 2014-15 stats. Outlaw was a top 10 Juco recruit last year. The only current incoming player is Khadim Sy from Oak Hill. He impressed me in the game I saw where he went up against a WVU recruit who I deemed Pittsnogle 2.0. I think Sy was on Wake's radar screen (unsure if he was offered). He likely got a lot of minutes that Giles would have played.

It is hard to figure out how we will ever catch up to the rest of the ACC. It seems like we have been in such a big hole for so long now.

It is hard to figure out how we will ever catch up to the rest of the ACC. It seems like we have been in such a big hole for so long now.

It's doable. UVA was a ACC bottom feeder 4 years ago. VT now appears to be on the rise after being the worst ACC program by miles. Need to recruit solid, but not necessarily great, players (WF really has not done that since Skip left; this year's frosh is the best class WF has had in a long time); keep the players in the program (WF attrition rate has been dreadful); coach up those players (this also has been an issue since Skip passed). DM's first recruiting class was solid -- question marks about the 2nd class, the players that DM has recruited have stayed -- so far; a long way to go to establish #3.

Penny Hardaway:1990s::Harry Giles:2010s

So, we will still suck. And Fuckstick Wellman will tell us that we're young, that he goes to practices and sees what he wants to see, that the program is going in the right direction, blah, blah, blah.

Am I right?

i'll allow it.

Still waiting on someone to create a photoshop that is a giant hairy wrinkly nutsack sitting atop Giles' body in a Duke jersey with a speech bubble coming out of the nutsack that says "I am Hairy Jewels." Also, if that is not blown up into one of those giant pictures glued to a yardstick and proudly displayed at next year's Wake-Duke game, I will be sorely disappointed in the student body.

Allen coming back to Duke for his JR season. They have a TON of talent on that roster. Scary.

I'm willing to keep TVH on scholie if he's willing to undercut Harry on every possession when we play them next year

Fuck that dude

So there were 8 teams that made the tournament (counting Louisville), then 3 teams that made the NIT, and 4 teams that did not make a tournament which includes us. How the fuck are we suppose to pull ourselves out of the Wellman dug hole with 73% of the conference making tournaments and other teams that make the tournament improving each year.

K is still trying and will probably get Marques Bolden for next year as well. The level and amount of talent they will have is disgusting. For all that I hate about Calipari, K has totally gone 1 and done model as well and doing it better than Cal at this point

So there were 8 teams that made the tournament (counting Louisville), then 3 teams that made the NIT, and 4 teams that did not make a tournament which includes us. How the fuck are we suppose to pull ourselves out of the Wellman dug hole with 73% of the conference making tournaments and other teams that make the tournament improving each year.

Well, at least the socks looked good. :tard:

This is depressing. As of now, every single school except Pitt and VPI are bringing in more talent than us next year and those two are returning plenty of fire power. Further, everyone except us, those two schools and BC are adding at least one if not multiple top 100 players next year. This is going to be rough...again. This year's freshmen were a good recruiting class, but Manning has to bring in a class like that every year if we hope to even be middle of the pack in the ACC.

I will be very surprised if GT doesn't finish absolutely dead last. Gregory didn't just leave the cupboard empty, he set the damn thing on fire and then chained the door so that nobody could in to put it out.

Vad, I know you are sad about GT but [Redacted] makes Gregory look like John Wooden

Back