• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #Buzzout #Wellmanout Billboard: Development Thread

It was always simplistic to believe that the policies and restrictions applied to men's basketball by Wellman -- and likely his superiors -- were limited to that sport. This crap is clearly damaging our entire athletic program across the board.

RW is a racist, a bigot, and a homophobe. This should NOT be new news.

Racist - his culture talk, anti-rap, and anti-tattoo unfairly discriminate against a certain group of people.
Bigot - hello fan base - this is directed to us. He cares only about his own opinions not facts.
Homophobe - when was the last time you have seen non-heterosexual individuals speaking at a WFU event. There is a reason - they are not allowed and certainly are not treated as equals.

This is all bullshit and certainly NOT what I want from the Wake Forest Way.

Not defending Wellman, and the cops overreacted, but if the facts are as you say nobody can reasonably blame them for being pissed. Cops have a tough job and refusing to let them in when they ask to enter is disrespectful and very stupid.

Police officers just don't have the right to enter a private residence just because they want to.

Now, if there was probable cause, then that's another issue.

Not defending Wellman, and the cops overreacted, but if the facts are as you say nobody can reasonably blame them for being pissed. Cops have a tough job and refusing to let them in when they ask to enter is disrespectful and very stupid.

Rule #1 at house parties when I was in college was don't open the door for cops. I wouldn't change that rule knowing what I know now.

No, it is smart and the right thing to do. As DV7, the cops would have just come in initially if they had the right to. Refusing consent is legally the most advisable thing. Make them get a warrant or have exigent circumstances.

But let's not turn this into a discussion of the WSPD. I'm sure we could talk about it on the Pit or Politics board if people would like. Focusing on Ron Wellman and the embarrassing management of the AD is more important here.

Racist - his culture talk, anti-rap, and anti-tattoo unfairly discriminate against a certain group of people.
Bigot - hello fan base - this is directed to us. He cares only about his own opinions not facts.
Homophobe - when was the last time you have seen non-heterosexual individuals speaking at a WFU event. There is a reason - they are not allowed and certainly are not treated as equals.

We're probably stretching the definition of important words with this post.

No, it is smart and the right thing to do. As DV7, the cops would have just come in initially if they had the right to. Refusing consent is legally the most advisable thing. Make them get a warrant or have exigent circumstances.

But let's not turn this into a discussion of the WSPD. I'm sure we could talk about it on the Pit or Politics board if people would like. Focusing on Ron Wellman and the embarrassing management of the AD is more important here.

Fine, I don't want to derail the thread either, because I agree that the allegations against RW merit attention. But you should expect trouble when you tell the cops to screw off in these circumstances.

Sorry, if cops show up at my door they aren't coming in my house without a warrant. (And I'm about as respectful of the police as you can possibly be...)

Back to the billboard. Where does this effort stand? When will the glory story be unveiled?

Are you saying that Coach Averill is not allowed to speak at public events?

We would not let them in the hockey house. They got pissed and stormed the house. There were over 10 police cars. Everyone ran. The freshman were caught and tackled by the cops. It was a hard tackle so they had to go to the hospital (they had open bloody gashes) and then they were arrested for underage drinking and fleeing police officers. Their mug shots are available - it is public somewhere. And apparently the WSPD has a direct line to the AD so it was a further shit show from there.

So, I guess soccer is next...

"initiation activities" that crossed the line? More info please. Inquiring minds want to know.

We would not let them in the hockey house. They got pissed and stormed the house. There were over 10 police cars. Everyone ran. The freshman were caught and tackled by the cops. It was a hard tackle so they had to go to the hospital (they had open bloody gashes) and then they were arrested for underage drinking and fleeing police officers. Their mug shots are available - it is public somewhere. And apparently the WSPD has a direct line to the AD so it was a further shit show from there.

Mindboggling if true / full account. In my amateur legal mind, it would seem the police did more wrong than the team.

Weird that Dan Collins never reported on such a major event involving a Wake Forest sport, particularly our most successful sport over the last 20 years.

Weird that Dan Collins never reported on such a major event involving a Wake Forest sport, particularly our most successful sport over the last 20 years.

just some of the stuff that happens under the ron wellman regime that is not made public until he can use it to help him out. it really sounds like all the student athletes are out of control under wellman's watch. #asleepatthewheel #WellmanOut

Back