• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Hatch Factor

DeaconOEF/OIFvet

Reaction score
I read a post earlier, where someone mentioned that some of the factors may not entirely be on Wellman in the coaching search. Nathan Hatch has been the President since July of 2005, and since that time there has been a few questionable hires and other decisions.

Is it possible that Hatch may have hit Ron with more than a few new restraints and regulations he expects from his coaches, and what type of players they should recruit? This of course, could put Ron in a tight spot when he's reaching out to hire a new coach.

ETA: By no means am I excusing Wellman for any of his BS, just saying there may be more factors involved in this.

Last edited:
I have been told that Hatch is part of the problem. To what extent, I do not know. Get rid of them both to be safe.

OH GOODNESS YES, FIRE HATCH

Hatch was provost at ND during some of their highly questionable and problematic incidents regarding the football program. Much as with Bzdel!k, we got what we asked for. I miss President Hearn more and more.

I have mentioned before that I had a 20 minute 1 on 1 conversation with Hatch and found him to be one of the most pompous assholes I have ever met. He is overwhelmingly impressed with himself. So yeah I would not be surprised if he is part of the problem.

I have mentioned before that I had a 20 minute 1 on 1 conversation with Hatch and found him to be one of the most pompous assholes I have ever met. He is overwhelmingly impressed with himself. So yeah I would not be surprised if he is part of the problem.

He needs to go, he makes 1.4 million, for what? Send his ass to the curb too.

Be he loves sport. Sported all the time when he was younger.

nathan.hatch_.basketball.jpg

I miss President Hearn more and more.

Hearn didn't seem to be the best with financial issues, but he was a good, kind and intelligent man who didn't hate the Greek scene on campus and was a big sports fan, even in the lowest of times. Very approachable, likeable guy. Students really loved Hearn, and that is unusual....university presidents are not often popular figures on campus. I remember being pretty depressed the day he left Wake and the day he passed away.

I had a similar experience with Hatch as Brangus did. The man loves Notre Dame and money. Not much of a listener. Wish he would publically come forth with support for Wake athletics. And wish he would actually do something to help like Vandy and Duke have done.

Would love to see this man running things. Won't ever happen but can't hurt to dream.

Dr.-Nido-Qubein1-247x300.jpg

You'd think a school like Wake that has turned out so many highly successful people in so many different professions and such, could find of alumni President and not have one that has such a strong alligence to another school and their athletic programs.

You'd think a school like Wake that has turned out so many highly successful people in so many different professions and such, could find of alumni President and not have one that has such a strong alligence to another school and their athletic programs.

I have heard that Rogan Kersh is a likely successor to Hatch (Wake '86, Yale PhD).

Hearn didn't seem to be the best with financial issues, but he was a good, kind and intelligent man who didn't hate the Greek scene on campus and was a big sports fan, even in the lowest of times. Very approachable, likeable guy. Students really loved Hearn, and that is unusual....university presidents are not often popular figures on campus. I remember being pretty depressed the day he left Wake and the day he passed away.

You saw Hearn on campus. I mean, not often but he would talk to students. He remembered names. He responded to his own emails. He had a good reputation among his counterparts and some in the fight attendant industry... Hatch is a ghost.

You saw Hearn on campus. I mean, not often but he would talk to students. He remembered names. He responded to his own emails. He had a good reputation among his counterparts and some in the fight attendant industry... Hatch is a ghost.

The story I always remember hearing about Hearn was that back in the early 90s there was a student leadership retreat at Graylyn. Apparently one morning he showed up with his tennis racket and offered to play any takers. He soundly beat all the 20-year olds he was up against.

Back