• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

Dodgers just traded for Mat Latos, Michael Morse and the #34 overall pick for 3 minor leaguers.

So does that mean they are out on Hamels??? :willynilly:

So does that mean they are out on Hamels??? :willynilly:

Maybe? And all reports say Hamels still unwilling to waive no-trade to Astros.

Guessing its down to the Rangers and then a bunch of teams not willing to part with their top prospects. Doubt Cubs or Yanks up the ante at this point - think him going to the Rangers is the best deal if they want to take it.

Or maybe a deal is already being worked out with the Rangers so the Dodgers moved on? Or maybe he won't be traded at all? Or maybe I should just relax instead of obsessively checking Twitter on my phone?

The Royals Are Obsessed With "Trap Queen"

The Royals are fining one another if they don't use "1738" in interviews in reference to Fetty Wap.

Andy McCullough @McCulloughStar
Cain on Bauer: "He was like a 17-38 to the plate." Hosmer on his RBIs against Cleveland: "I'll take 17. I'll take 38."

Andy McCullough @McCulloughStar

McCullough: "I am not putting that in newspaper."

Moustakas: "Why not?"

AM:: "It makes no sense."

Moose: "It makes perfect sense."

So MHB, is there a formal process to becoming a Royals fan, or do I just start cheering?

Or maybe a deal is already being worked out with the Rangers so the Dodgers moved on? Or maybe he won't be traded at all? Or maybe I should just relax instead of obsessively checking Twitter on my phone?

The Royals Are Obsessed With "Trap Queen"

The Royals are fining one another if they don't use "1738" in interviews in reference to Fetty Wap.

So MHB, is there a formal process to becoming a Royals fan, or do I just start cheering?

OH GOD I'M IN SO HARD

I'M LIKE "HEY, WHAT'S UP? HELLO"

ecg0di.gif

The worst part of the trade deadline is when I check twitter and use the search term Cubs, and 90% of it is about the dentist that shot a lion in Africa.

Papelbon was a couple of years ahead of me in high school. This move does not thrill me.

yes. except skins now i guess. i'm sure bryce and paps will be boys in no time.

Clown prediction, bro.

What kind of control do the Nats have on Storen? Seems like he's been jerked around enough to want to bolt to a more steady situation, if possible.

Padres apparently making their whole rotation available, including Ross. If true, definitely messes with Phillies' leverage on Hamels.

it's funny how people are calling pap a dick for wanting to be the closer and saying storen should be pissed for getting moved out of the role.

Archer and Verlander both perfect through 5 1/2.

this arch deal is so monte.

Year - Salary (Notes)
2014 - $500,000
2015 - $1,166,667
2016 - $2,916,666
2017 - $4,916,666
2018 - $6,416,667
2019 - $7,666,667
2020 - *$9,000,000 ($9M Team Option, $1.75M Buyout)
2021 - *$11,000,000 ($11M Team Option, $250k Buyout)

<3

Rays lock up Archer on that contract. Indians lock up Kluber on a 5-year, $38.5 million extension. Sox lock up Porcello on a 4-year, $82.5 million extension.

WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

holy shit kiermaier. #STUDTOWN

i'll post the highlight when it comes up.

Rays lock up Archer on that contract. Indians lock up Kluber on a 5-year, $38.5 million extension. Sox lock up Porcello on a 4-year, $82.5 million extension.

WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Are you kidding about the Porcello contract? That is an absurd price for a guy who has never been particularly good.

Back