• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

this arch deal is so monte.

Year - Salary (Notes)
2014 - $500,000
2015 - $1,166,667
2016 - $2,916,666
2017 - $4,916,666
2018 - $6,416,667
2019 - $7,666,667
2020 - *$9,000,000 ($9M Team Option, $1.75M Buyout)
2021 - *$11,000,000 ($11M Team Option, $250k Buyout)

<3

Whatever this show is on MLB network is crushing the Cubs for the Archer trade, and they keep saying that Archer was a throw in to the Garza deal - it was a few years ago, but I am pretty sure Archer was our #1 prospect at the time (granted he was in like high A, but still). The trade may not have been amazing for the Cubs, but its not like the Rays lucked into a lottery ticket or something.

Whatever this show is on MLB network is crushing the Cubs for the Archer trade, and they keep saying that Archer was a throw in to the Garza deal - it was a few years ago, but I am pretty sure Archer was our #1 prospect at the time (granted he was in like high A, but still). The trade may not have been amazing for the Cubs, but its not like the Rays lucked into a lottery ticket or something.

he and HJL were like 1 and 1a. klaw had him as a top 50ish prospect at the time.

Are you kidding about the Porcello contract? That is an absurd price for a guy who has never been particularly good.
He's heading into his prime years, so he's going to be worth it!

(no sarcasm, that was essentially their line of thinking)

jim_hendry_dismissed_as_cubs_gm.jpg

he and HJL were like 1 and 1a. klaw had him as a top 50ish prospect at the time.

I just looked it up, BA had Archer, Lee and Guyer all in the Cubs top 10 prospects at the time. Now, granted, we weren't stacked, but still - three top 10 prospects seems like a ton to give up based on the trades going on now. Also, Guyer was just put in as a defensive replacement in the game today.

I said it a few months ago, but the Rays scouting was crazy good because 4 of the 5 players we traded 4+ years ago all made it to the bigs and are still contributing. Pretty sure all 5 would have been in the minors to start 2011, Fuld maybe makes the roster over Colvin or Campana, but he was basically a AAAA guy. Archer is a stud, Guyer is a 4th OF on a quasi-contender, Fuld is a 4th OF on what should have been a quasi-contender, Chrinos is a starting C for what should have been a contender. And Lee could have been awesome with the injury.

I just looked it up, BA had Archer, Lee and Guyer all in the Cubs top 10 prospects at the time. Now, granted, we weren't stacked, but still - three top 10 prospects seems like a ton to give up based on the trades going on now. Also, Guyer was just put in as a defensive replacement in the game today.

I said it a few months ago, but the Rays scouting was crazy good because 4 of the 5 players we traded 4+ years ago all made it to the bigs and are still contributing. Pretty sure all 5 would have been in the minors to start 2011, Fuld maybe makes the roster over Colvin or Campana, but he was basically a AAAA guy. Archer is a stud, Guyer is a 4th OF on a quasi-contender, Fuld is a 4th OF on what should have been a quasi-contender, Chrinos is a starting C for what should have been a contender. And Lee could have been awesome with the injury.

yeah the trade was really great for us. all thanks to delmon young! i still think we'll see APE TIT's BOY HJL in the majors as a defensive sub. guyer's a good 4th of. league average bats and can play all 3 of spots. i also prefer my 4th ofs rh.

it's funny how people are calling pap a dick for wanting to be the closer and saying storen should be pissed for getting moved out of the role.

Shouldn't every reliever want to close? Attention, money, stats, pressure, etc.

Tigs finally admit they'll be sellers. Good.

ETA:

Who would have thought losing all your best pitchers would do this to a team?

#Tigers team offense ranks in AL this year: No 1 in AB, H, 3B, BA, & OBP; 2nd in OPS; 3rd in SLG; 4th in R, 2B; 5th in ISO; 8th in HR.
#Tigers team pitching ranks in AL this year: 13th in ERA (4.45); 12th in K/9 (7.01); 1st in HR/9 (1.14); 14th in FIP (4.22). Pen ERA 4.25, 4th-worst in MLB, 2nd-worst in AL.

Last edited:
So Papelbon took Storen's job and Fister's number? Drama!

Tigs finally admit they'll be sellers. Good.

ETA:

Who would have thought losing all your best pitchers would do this to a team?

#Tigers team offense ranks in AL this year: No 1 in AB, H, 3B, BA, & OBP; 2nd in OPS; 3rd in SLG; 4th in R, 2B; 5th in ISO; 8th in HR.
#Tigers team pitching ranks in AL this year: 13th in ERA (4.45); 12th in K/9 (7.01); 1st in HR/9 (1.14); 14th in FIP (4.22). Pen ERA 4.25, 4th-worst in MLB, 2nd-worst in AL.

the exact opposite of the rays i'd guess.

i was interested, so i took a look to see how the park/defense numbers effected.

tigs: 4th wrc+/22nd fipx-/10th
rays: 15th/13th/2nd

so basically the tigs hitting is excellent, pitching is terrible, and defense is ok. the rays are average at hitting/picthing, but their park and defense are great at keeping runs off the board. #shocking

So Papelbon took Storen's job and Fister's number? Drama!

will be very sad to see him go.

oh i hope MY BOY big game james goes to houston for the ALCS against MY BOY zorilla and the fetty wops.

Back