• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

Unlike a lot of Nats fans I am ok with Clippard going to the Mets. He was great for us (and our pen is not the same without him) but he is having his worst year as a big leaguer and I was scared we were going to give up too much to get him because he is "one of our guys".

I turned on the Sox-Sox game and it was 2-0 White Sox with a man on first and second with Kelly's pitch count at 8.

I turned on the Sox-Sox game and it was 2-0 White Sox with a man on first and second with Kelly's pitch count at 8.

BDD_theo-epsein-1.5.06.jpg

bexxx with a great play on a deflection up the middle. #STUDTOWN

Al Alburquerque remains a very underrated name in sprots

So I just heard from a very good source (promise he is legit) that the Nats are actively shopping Fister. Townie...want him back?

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread

Yeah...that's part of the problem. There are no takers (willing to give them what they want). They are trying to package him and Tyler Moore...so I am told. Also going heavy after Chapman but not willing to give up Turner or Giolito.

That seems like a strange deal for both teams. Do the Jays get that much better? Didn't do anything to really address a weakness. And unless the Rockies are planning on moving Reyes seems like a strange deal for them to make as well.

I understand the deal from the Blue Jays perspective, because Tulo. Not sure what the Rockies are doing.

I understand the deal from the Blue Jays perspective, because Tulo. Not sure what the Rockies are doing.

I think the Rockies win this trade actually. They free up $50 mill and get two prospects. One throws 100+ mph and has MLB experience and the other arm is a "can't miss prospect" in Single-A. Not sure about the 3rd arm.

Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Tulo was disgruntled and had to go. Rockies will flip Reyes.

I think the Rockies win this trade actually. They free up $50 mill and get two prospects. One throws 100+ mph and has MLB experience and the other arm is a "can't miss prospect" in Single-A. Not sure about the 3rd arm.

No such thing. This is the best they could get for the best shortstop in baseball, and they have to take on Jose Reyes to do it?

Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Tulo was disgruntled and had to go. Rockies will flip Reyes.

To which team, though? He's a defensive disaster, has trouble staying on the field and doesn't run like he used to. I guess maybe the Padres because AJ Preller has heard of Jose Reyes. Maybe the Mets because they don't seem to have a plan on offense.

To which team, though? He's a defensive disaster, has trouble staying on the field and doesn't run like he used to. I guess maybe the Padres because AJ Preller has heard of Jose Reyes. Maybe the Mets because they don't seem to have a plan on offense.

Could package him with Cargo? I agree with that he is not worth much, but I do not think they are expecting much. They had to flip Tulo, and this was far more than I thought they would get for him. Plus they save money in the deal, and for the cheap ass Rockies that is a big deal.

Yeah the Rockies don't have to pay $50 million. That's a win for the Rockies
Rockies get rid of a good/great SS who has health issues.
The Rockies pick up Two very good arms. Sorry for using the term "can't miss prospect" being that it's a term used by all scouts in the business. That's on me. I should have said two very good young arms, I guess.

Back