• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

I would guess they could flip Reyes by eating a chunk of his salary, maybe $15 of the $50 or so, and then they just basically get rid of Tulos expensive contract for $15 million and get some prospects in return. Its a win for a rebuilding team that is not going to contend in the next 2-3 years.

Some team will take a chance on Reyes at a 2/$30ish deal who hasn't been worse than a 2.5 war in the last 5 years outside of a season that he was 2.2 and only played 90 games.

I would guess they could flip Reyes by eating a chunk of his salary, maybe $15 of the $50 or so, and then they just basically get rid of Tulos expensive contract for $15 million and get some prospects in return. Its a win for a rebuilding team that is not going to contend in the next 2-3 years.

Some team will take a chance on Reyes at a 2/$30ish deal who hasn't been worse than a 2.5 war in the last 5 years outside of a season that he was 2.2 and only played 90 games.
Mets!

To which team, though? He's a defensive disaster, has trouble staying on the field and doesn't run like he used to. I guess maybe the Padres because AJ Preller has heard of Jose Reyes. Maybe the Mets because they don't seem to have a plan on offense.

Lol.

What's the word on the Jays DHing Tulo periodically to keep him on the field? Seems like a no-brainer...

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Tulo to Toronto

The mets don't have a lot of assets to trade, do they?

Edit...that they would be willing to part with. Don't see them moving Matz or Nimmo.

Last edited:
Oh goody, Papelbon to the Nats chatter is back! I thought they might want him because they already have a closer, so his option wouldn't vest. But apparently Paps is threatening to block any trade where they won't let him close.

Among the many things that Amaro has done to annoy me, always tacking on the option year at the end for no apparent reason may be the most infuriating

not really, because they want to keep all of the young pitching core in NY (although they are apparently open to dealing Wheeler), and that pitching core basically is the Mets right now. With Mejia back and a possible Wright return down the road, they just need to improve their hitting to below average from abysmal to make a good playoff push.

The mets don't have a lot of assets to trade, do they?

Edit...that they would be willing to part with. Don't see them moving Matz or Nimmo.

I'm not really sold on Nimmo. If the Mets could pick up a decent bat that still has some team control left, I'd wave good bye to Nimmo in a heartbeat

Oh goody, Papelbon to the Nats chatter is back! I thought they might want him because they already have a closer, so his option wouldn't vest. But apparently Paps is threatening to block any trade where they won't let him close.

Im still holding out hope that the Cubs just cut bait on Soriano and get Papelbon. We need that anger and crotch grabbing in Chitown.

Im still holding out hope that the Cubs just cut bait on Soriano and get Papelbon. We need that anger and crotch grabbing in Chitown.

I will drive him to Chicago personally.

Jim Salisbury saying that Papelbon will be traded, but doesn't yet know where. Trying not to get ahead of myself, but feeling pretty excited over here!

I'm not really sold on Nimmo. If the Mets could pick up a decent bat that still has some team control left, I'd wave good bye to Nimmo in a heartbeat

would love to get carlos gomez.

not sure if a nimmo, fulmer, reynolds, gilmartin package would get it done, although that's 2 borderline top 100 guys. they may be interested in flores to play 3b, atlhough i'd prefer to hold onto him as a shortstop option this season.

don't want to trade herrera, cecchini or rosario. klaw actually has smith #1, which i think is odd. (although he doesn't rank herrera bc of his mlb time) i wouldn't be against trading him.

Last edited:
Why won't the wilpons just sell the team or sell a huge chunk of it? Then they'll be rich again and the mets will be good.

Maybe waiting on a playoff run to up the value from all the resultant boosts you get (ticket sales the next year, etc.)? My best guess -- I've wondered the same

Back