• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

Vadtoy is in London right now - went to watch the Chiefs win at Wembley and is now 3 outs away from a KC World Series win. That's a hell of a good day for her, imo.

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Playoffs!

Vad you're the luckiest bro ever

To find a wife who enjoys those things

That's the dream

Congrats MHB! Your bois weren't gonna be denied from basically jump street this year

Glad Ned Yost could get this! Now let's bring him back to the Braves!

Not yet become a ghost stadium?

Awesome game. Congrats to Vadtoy{and Vad for the GaTech victory), and all Royals fans everywhere.

Man, went to bed at the start of the top of the 9th. Figured Harvey was cruising. Whoops.

This series was really brutal to watch. I thought the Royals were going to win anyway because of the weakness of the Mets bullpen, but to have it happen like that in 3 different losses in the 9th, 8th, and 9th innings is just brutal. It was really akin to torture because once the game was tied, you knew the Mets weren't going to score again. Death was inevitable.

I grew up in KC initially rooting for the Royals before I swapped allegiances, so I'm happy for the franchise and happy for my brothers who stuck with them all these years through the lean years after they were really one of the best franchises in baseball for a 10 year stretch between 76 and 85. My oldest brother cried when Chris Chambliss hit that HR in the 76 ALCS. But fuck, man, that was just a brutal way to die. Bet they shore up their pen in the offseason. They could seriously trade or waive everybody in their lineup, replace them, and improve. Just hold onto the 4 young arms.

This series was really brutal to watch. I thought the Royals were going to win anyway because of the weakness of the Mets bullpen, but to have it happen like that in 3 different losses in the 9th, 8th, and 9th innings is just brutal. It was really akin to torture because once the game was tied, you knew the Mets weren't going to score again. Death was inevitable.

I grew up in KC initially rooting for the Royals before I swapped allegiances, so I'm happy for the franchise and happy for my brothers who stuck with them all these years through the lean years after they were really one of the best franchises in baseball for a 10 year stretch between 76 and 85. My oldest brother cried when Chris Chambliss hit that HR in the 76 ALCS. But fuck, man, that was just a brutal way to die. Bet they shore up their pen in the offseason. They could seriously trade or waive everybody in their lineup, replace them, and improve. Just hold onto the 4 young arms.

This is what I'm hoping happens. We have deGrom, Harvey, Thor, and Matz all coming back plus Wheeler coming off of TJ surgery, so the starting pitching will be good again. The bullpen needs a lot of work, but I think Sandy makes the right moves there during the offseason.

Neither Cespedes nor Murphy will be on this team next year and, honestly, I'm ok with that. Cespedes' can smack the ball and has an absolute cannon, but he's going to go get paid this offseason (probably more than he's worth) and I don't want the Mets shelling out big money for him. Murphy will probably get paid way more than he is worth, too, but not by the Mets. I'll be forever grateful to him because without his hitting in the NLDS and NLCS, there's no way we beat the Dodgers and Cubs. The Murphy that everybody got to see during the World Series is the Murphy who Mets fans are used to. He can rake base hits when he's on, but he has always been a huge defensive liability and that really shows against great contact teams like the Royals.

fucking blood magic

CS0eOTDWEAAYexX.png

McCullough is the best:

During the regular season, the Royals resembled a freight train, barreling past their foes. In the playoffs, they transformed into Ali in Zaire, luring opponents into a false sense of comfort, only to strike in the highest-leverage spots. The Royals possessed the chin of a champion. After the way the 2014 season finished, no singular shot could shake them.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article42181098.html#storylink=cpy

Having the chin of a champion is a good description of this Royals team. To put it in perspective, the Mets either led or were tied for 76.2% of the WS, but, obviously, they weren't able to hold onto this when it mattered most.

Last edited:
Having the chin of a champion is a good description of this Royals team. To put it in perspective, the Mets either lead or were tied for 76.2% of the WS, but, obviously, they weren't able to hold onto this when it mattered most.

yep.

Mets led for 25 innings in the series, the Royals 13

As much talk as there is about the pen for the Mets, it's the defense that really sucks. Over the 3 blown saves, Familia gave up 1 ER over 5 innings.

Let Murphy and Cespedes walk, find a better position for Flores (although he's getting better at SS) and find a 1B who has a chance against a LHP.

pretty pumped for zobrist and wade davis and royals fans. really pumped now that i know elc is such a big mets fan. MUCH more knowledgeable than apetit imo.

Back