• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

While it was nice to run there, I don't think I'll be seeking out bridle trails in the future. I felt nervous that a horse would react poorly, and plus there was so much poop to dodge.

I know the feeling. The horse people have always been nice and the horses have always behaved fine, but I'm sick of dodging horse / df07 poop.

that's a great time lbE, congrats on crushing it, and to Jason on his first half.

in NC related running news, awesome mf'ing weather on tap for the rest of the mornings this week

Good to know. I've got 45 more miles left for this week.

Yep. Did 5 this morning, 10 tomorrow, 5 Thursday, 10 Saturday, then 20 on Sunday. Longest week ever. It will be nice to have 69 miles under foot 8 days into the month.

is this a Higdon plan? I feel like his stuff has that somewhat long Saturday before a true long run Sunday?

What are your thoughts on that so far?

is this a Higdon plan? I feel like his stuff has that somewhat long Saturday before a true long run Sunday?

What are your thoughts on that so far?

Yea. It's his intermediate 2 plan. I like it. I sometimes feel like the initial push into the long runs kicks my ass, but a scale back week hits and the next long run is nbd. I had my HM check two weeks ago and came in about 15 min faster than my race in March. That was just me at Salem Lake without the benefit of a race atmosphere, so I think it is working pretty well.

doing the HH 10 miler plan and logged the 7 miler this week. that's a new long run for me. pretty PUMPED.

Any of you runners have asthma? What are your tricks to deal with the asthma without shortening your running distance? Over the past two weeks in having more issues with not being able to run as far due to my asthma.

After being a fat ass for 3 months, and doing nothing, as well as partaking quite heavily in Labor Day weekend; I just ran 4 miles with a 500 ft. climb in 95 degree weather with like 70% humidity.

Excuse me as I go die.

Someone on here has a nice article in this month's TCTC newsletter - very nice, RTQ.

Any of you runners have asthma? What are your tricks to deal with the asthma without shortening your running distance? Over the past two weeks in having more issues with not being able to run as far due to my asthma.

Also interested in responses. I'm totally out of shape, so that might just impact it as well, but I've been pounding inhaler.

Has anyone run the Raleigh (City of Oaks) Marathon? Not asking for me but curious if there is anyone here with experience from it?

I hear what you're saying, but humidity is probably what is getting you. Gotta adjust. Do you run/walk now? No shame in that.

Yes, I run/walk. Thankfully, it doesn't really bother me too much during exercise, just afterwards.

Back